You don’t really know a city until you’ve gotten drunk in it.
Time Out is the first stop for any tourist (and some locals) when it comes to the newest and hottest. From social events, to the best shows, to the can’t miss stops for foodies Time Out answers all of your where, when, and how much questions. But it isn’t just readers who eagerly await the new “Best of” lists. This past Monday some of the finest mixologists that Los Angeles has to offer gathered at the Oue Skyspace for Time Out’s annual Bar Awards.
Presented by William Grant and Sons, the awards brought together drink lovers and drink mixers alike as well as a list of well-known panelists.
“Time Out has always been known for curating the best of the city, and the awards are an opportunity for us to capture this year’s bar and drinks trends around the U.S. and provide the definitive guide to where you should be drinking in New York, L.A., Chicago, Philadelphia, Austin, San Francisco and Miami right now,” said Rocky Rakovic, Time Out North America’s Head of Content, “We’re raising a glass to the Time Out Los Angeles Bar Award winners—huge congrats to all of them! These awards enable us to showcase the best and brightest of the city’s bar community and the winners are the ones really driving the industry forward. But most importantly, they help people go out and have an amazing experience.”
This year’s winners include:
- Bar of the Year presented by Hendrick’s Gin: Accomplice
- Best Legacy Bar presented by Flor de Caña: The Spare Room
- Best Wine Bar presented by Segura Viudas: Bar Covell
- Best New Bar: NoMad Giannini Bar
- Best Bar-Restaurant Program: The Ponte
- Best Bar Crew: The Normandie Club
- Most Stylish Bar: Apothéke LA
- Best Cocktail in LA: “Cold Hollow” at Bibo Ergo Sum
- Most Instagrammable Cocktail: “Cola” at The Walker Inn
I don’t think I have to tell you twice to start knocking these off your list – so cheers to the many adventures these bars (and their drinks) will inspire!