Maggie Rogers headlines a “party about statistics.”
Spotify has a lot to look forward to in 2020, including the launch of more original podcasts and the upcoming Spotify Awards airing live from Mexico City on March 5th.
But before Spotify and its listeners launch into the new decade, the streaming service took a step back to share A Decade Of Wrapped, an interactive musical experience (complete with goodies) on Monday, December 9th.
For the gathering, Casita Hollywood transformed into an exploratory display of statistics and played host to Grammy-nominee Maggie Rogers, who played to a small room of notable guests and friends including Nicholas Braun, Antoni Porowski (Queer Eye), and Sophia Bush.
Rogers shared that her top artist of the year was Sharon Van Etten and joked that you’re likely able to find her songs “on an indie brunch playlist.”
Now there are 12 months in a year (or at least, there was the last time that I checked) and 12 days of Christmas, so in honor of that theme, I bring to you: The 12 Elements of Spotify’s A Decade Wrapped.
I’ll leave the singing to you.
- 12 – The last 12 months, and the last 10 years, of Spotify were celebrated in a single evening.
- 11 – Possible mix-ins at the hot chocolate bar including a little extra holiday warmth by making it “spiked.”
- 10 – Years that inspired A Decade Of Wrapped.
- 9 – The approximate number of hot chocolates I would have consumed if left to my own devices.
- 8 – The approximate number of different snacks floating around Casita Hollywood.
- 7 – “7 Rings” singer Ariana Grande was the most streamed female artist of the decade.
- 6 – The 6 God from Toronto, Drake, was the top streamed male artist of the decade.
- 5 – Digits, for the most part, printed on the back of custom Spotify Wrapped hoodies. Every guest was presented with a freshly printed hoodie featuring the number of minutes they streamed in 2019.
- 4 – The number of songs Maggie Rogers performed: “Alaska,” “Say It,” “Light On,” and “Love You For A Long Time.”
- 3 – Years that have passed since Maggie Rogers left Pharrell stunned silent during an NYU songwriting session.
- 2 – Themed cocktails that were available for guests: Don’t Tequila My Vibe, a nod to one of Sigrid’s top songs, and Subscribe to my Vodkast, a nod to Spotify’s upcoming podcasts.
- 1 – One bright, sugar-filled, and entertaining evening gathering to celebrate the last decade.
Wrapped in their new Spotify hoodies and warmed with spiked hot chocolate, guests left ready to close 2019 and welcome 2020…by listening to more music, of course.