Marie Claire will host the inaugural Image Makers Awards on Jan. 12 presented by L’Oreal and AG Jeans.
Editor in Chief Anne Fulenwider announced that the awards will honor those who have worked behind the scenes who help create the signature looks of Hollywood stars. The ceremony is a representation of a multi platform franchise to honor the creative forces behind Hollywood. The awarded Image Makers will also be featured in Marie Claire’s February 2016 issue, available on newsstands on Jan. 12 as well.
“There is so much extraordinary talent in this business— from stylists and colorists to fitness gurus and eyebrow ladies— these are the people responsible for what we see on the runway, what becomes trendy, and what sells at retail,” said Fulenwider in a statement. “We thought it was time to shine the spotlight on these trendsetters and the magic and confidence they create all around them.”
At the event the honorees will be presented with their awards by on of their most recognizable clients. This years Image Makers include:
· Adir Abergel – Choice Hair Stylist presented by Jennifer Garner
· Tracey Cunningham – Detail Maker presented by Jessica Biel
· Jillian Dempsey – Choice Makeup Artist presented by Kristen Stewart
· Micaela Erlanger – Choice Stylist presented by Lupita Nyong’o
· Sir John – Social Media Star presented by Nina Garcia
· Jenn Streicher – New Guard presented by Carrie Brownstein