Below are a few recent celebrity sightings and news updates.
- On Friday (October 7), LIUID released a men’s & women’s sneaker with Brandon Marshall, where $18 of every pair sold will go to Brandon’s cause: PROJECT 375, supporting mental health awareness (retail price: $79). The LIUID x PROJECT 375 shoe launched in conjunction with the charity’s 2nd Annual Paddle Battle (celebrity ping pong tournament) at SPiN in NYC on Friday night.
- To celebrate music video director, Jessy Terrero’s 43rd birthday and kick off the 2016 Latin American Music Awards celebrity friends Adam Rodriguez, Adrienne Bailon, Casper Smart, Julissa Bermudez and more came out to sip on Tanqueray No. TEN Laid Back Gin & Juice cocktails on Wednesday, Oct 5th at Roku Sunset. Ashlee Simpson and Evan Ross were spotted the dancing the night away with Tanqueray No. TEN Laid Back cocktails in hand at Jessy Terrero’s 43rd birthday party to kick off the 2016 Latin American Music Awards celebrations.
- The first of three surprise shows on the Bud Light x Lady Gaga Dive Bar Tour kicked off in Nashville at The 5 Spot. Lady Gaga, or Joanne as she asked her fans to call her, entered the venue wearing her iconic pink hat and opened the show with “Sinner’s Prayer.” She went on to surprise bar-goers, fans and live stream attendees with two tracks off her upcoming album – “A-YO” and “Million Reasons” – even bringing Hillary Lindsey, well-known singer-songwriter from Nashville, on stage to perform alongside her. Her set closed with “Perfect Illusion.” Post-show Lady Gaga went outside and did an encore performance to make sure the fans unable to make it inside The 5 Spot felt the same love. For those who tuned in and want to relive the performance or if you were unable to make the live show, a link to the stream can be found on the Bud Light Facebook page.
- SEAN ‘DIDDY’ COMBS AKA PUFF DADDY and the explosive, first-ever Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour had its final run last night in Los Angeles, presenting a star-studded lineup that included LIL’ KIM, MASE, FAITH EVANS, BLACK ROB, TOTAL, CARL THOMAS, 112, THE LOX and FRENCH MONTANA. The tour took acts across the country hitting New York City, Dallas, Houston, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Newark, Las Vegas and finally Los Angeles with surprises at every stop along the way including Kanye West, Chance the Rapper, DMX, Jeremih, Jeezy, 2 Chainz, Jodeci, Gucci Mane, Boyz N Da Hood, Yung Joc, Gorilla Zoe, Bun B, Erykah Badu, Beanie Siegel, Miguel, Nelly, Bell Biv DeVoe, Mayweather and more. The stacked bill showcased over 20 years of Bad Boy talent and had The Forum shaking with excitement.
Focus Features announced that the new LOVE-MOJI App has launched, giving users the chance to use interracial couple emojis for the first time ever. The groundbreaking new app is inspired by Richard and Mildred Loving, a husband and wife who nearly fifty years ago showed us that love is stronger than hate and has the power to spark real change. In anticipation of Focus’ upcoming film about the couple, LOVING, users will be able to use this new keyboard extension on text and email, as well as platforms like Twitter and Facebook. While same-sex couples and individuals of different races have been represented as emojis in the past, interracial couples and families had not made their debut as emojis until now. The LOVE-MOJI App can be found in the app store. Users can also visit VoteLoving.com for more info. See all of the emojis here.Focus has also partnered with Twitter on the project, so that using the hashtag #VoteLoving or #
ThisisLoving will automatically populate an interracial loving couple emoji, representing Mildred and Richard Loving.
- Two-Time World Champion Andre “S.O.G.” Ward (30-0, 15 KOs) officially kicks off training camp in Hayward, CA with trainer Virgil Hunter ahead of his November 19 showdown at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas against WBO, WBA and IBF Light Heavyweight World Champion Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev (30-0-1, 26 KOs). Ward’s training camp, which will serve as a base for Ward over the next several weeks as he continues his quest to dominate the light heavyweight division, is sponsored by a resounding collection of American-based companies including Jordan Brand, Shoe Palace, JetLux, and ProSupps.
Fashion designer and icon Alber Elbaz was officiated as an Officier in the Légion D’Honneur in Paris, Mr Elbaz, made a special announcement – he has been working with Frédéric Malle on a perfume that will be released in March 2017. The perfume, named Superstitious, will be the 24th fragrance edition for Frédéric Malle and the second fragrance made with a fashion designer, following the acclaimed fragrance created with Dries Van Noten in 2013.
- WE tv’s hit series, “Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars,” is back with a house full of secrets and chaos and this season is breaking all the rules. Celebrities and VIP guests celebrated the return of the highly anticipated series with an exclusive event on Thursday, September 22. Held at New York hotspot, Up&Down, partygoers enjoyed hors d’oeuvres and cocktails with sounds provided byDJ Kiss. The fun-loving cast were all in great spirits and celebrated by dancing and toasting champagne. Unlike past seasons, the stars of Season 6 all seemed to genuinely like one another and all sat close while chatting amongst themselves. However, the close-knit cast were not too busy to meet and pose for photos with fans. Jade and Tanner lovingly shared kisses, Margueaux and Merika started the dance party when Beyonce’s “Crazy In Love” played (proving the couple were still very much in love) while Amber Marchese looked flawless taking selfies and sipping a martini together with BFF Salina Abbatemarco.
The stars of Disney’s Queen of Katwe including Lupita Nyong’o, David Oyelowo and Madina Nalwanga, returned to Uganda today for the film’s premiere in Kampala. Joining them were director Mira Nair and Phiona Mutesi and Robert Katende, upon whose lives the story is based. The film, which was shot in Katwe and Kampala, is based on the vibrant true story of a young girl from the streets of Uganda whose world rapidly changes when she is introduced to the game of chess. The film is now playing.
- In a recent Players’ Tribune interview with Seattle Seahawk Richard Sherman, he answered various questions from fans and was asked – if he could be a professional athlete in another sport, what would it be? Sherman responded, ‘Basketball. No doubt. I love the intensity of every game. It’s a lot of fun. I also like the way NBA players have a great relationship with the league, and how the league allows its players to be individuals, have a good time and celebrate the sport. I think I’d do well in a sport like that.’
- Rémy Martin celebrated the launch of Circle of Centaurs in Miami at the private Tea Room at the EAST hotel in Brickell with the multi-talented Actress/Singer/
Photographer Jackie Cruz. Music industry stars including Gloria Estefan and Emelio Estefan, Rohan Marley, Hip hop recording artist Flo Rida stopped by to hear Jackie sing along with NFL star Weslye Saunders and more. Rémy Martin has partnered with multi-talented actor, singer and photographer Jackie Cruz. The program is an extension of the brands One Life/Live Them campaign that recognizes and celebrates individuals’ many talents and launched with Jeremy Renner last year. The mentorship initiative with Jackie Cruz is one in a series of Rémy Martin Circle of Centaurs programs this year. Each initiative will give one individual the opportunity to be mentored by someone who has demonstrated an ability to explore his or her many inner talents.
- Following the success of their Delta Machine tour in 2013, Depeche Mode are back on the scene and are partnering once again with Hublot. The watchmaking manufacture and the post-punk pioneers have already joined forces to share their passion for a good cause on three occasions since 2010. To mark this new tour, Hublot will be creating a limited edition watch for which a proportion of the sales will be donated to charity: water. The 2017 tour schedule was announced in Milan. 32 dates and 21 countries.