On what seemed to have been the hottest week in New York City since the summer began, longtime favorite footwear and apparel company Reebok teamed up with Swedish cosmetics brand, FACE Stockholm for their collaboration launch event Lipstick N Kicks at Canoe Studios on Thursday evening.
Fashion goddesses of NYC swarmed the venue in their week’s best as a deliberate feeling of women empowerment encapsulated the room. Sharing a special connection with the year 1982, Reebok Freestyle Classics and color experts FACE Stockholm were both introduced to the world during that year, and celebrate self-expression and individuality like no other today with this campaign.
Face of the campaign and Revenge actress Ashley Madekwe also took part in the social event as she mixed and mingled, taking pictures with fans. When speaking of her teaming up with Reebok and FACE Stockholm on this particular movement, the English beauty said, “It made complete sense for me, I am an 80s baby so I know all about Reebok. I had them in purple, I thought I was so super fly.” Reebok being one of her staple accessories growing up, Ashley went on to reminisce about her and childhood friends honing their particular favorite Freestyle Hi colors, color being the operative word of this campaign. “FACE Stockholm is a great brand, the colors are amazing. It just made complete sense for me to link up with a fashion and beauty brand. No one ever does sneakers and makeup. Lips n Kicks.”
Staying true to their core, Reebok Classics director Michelle Palmer shared her excitement for the collaboration with mother and daughter duo of FACE Stockholm stating, “The spirit of ‘82 still lives on today as Reebok continues to blur the lines between fitness and fashion.” With price points set between $70 to $75, the Reebok Classics x FACE Stockholm collection will be available at Urban Outfitters, Villa, Lady Foot Locker and Reebok.com starting July 1. The two brands took step by step measures to ensure an all-inclusive way for women to express who they are, with every pair of the collection having a quote that promotes girl power, having fun and owning it – with Lips N Kicks, how can you not?
Read what Ashley Madekwe told guests during a Q&A below:
- How would you describe your style?
- Uncommitted – I can’t stick to one thing, I love it all.
- Any makeup tips:
- A red lip will fix any outfit I feel. If I ever feel that my outfit doesn’t have enough umph, I always throw on a red lip. If you are wearing jeans and a t-shirt and you’ve got a red lip on, you immediately feel more done.
- Can anybody wear a red lip?
- For sure, they come in several shades (laughs). Red lips are your friend.
- What or who inspires you?
- I was inspired by what I like to call the big girls, when I was a little girl, all the girls who were older than me were the girls I looked up to, and I’m still like that now.
Sounds like women empowerment to me.