National Margarita day is celebrated on 2/22/23. We wanted to share some of our favorite alcoholic and nonalcoholic margarita recipes to honor national margarita day!
Woodbridge Pinot Grigio
The Sunshine Pinot Grigio Margarita is a fun, fruity and wine infused recipe that is sure to be a newfound favorite in your cocktail arsenal, especially for wine and tequila lovers.
Woodbridge Sunshine Pinot Grigio Margarita
Makes 2 cocktails
- ¾ cup of freshly squeezed orange juice (about two oranges)
- 3 oz. Woodbridge Pinot Grigio
- 2.5 oz. tequila reposado
- 2 oz. club soda
- .5 oz. lemon juice (about ½ lemon)
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1 tbsp. Tajín, for rim (optional)
- 1 orange slice, for garnish (optional)
- 1 cube dry ice (optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the orange juice, Woodbridge Pinot Grigio, tequila, lemon juice, and agave
- Shake for about 20 seconds
- Strain into prepped glasses
- Top with club soda
- Garnish with a sliced orange, if desired
For a Tajín coated rim, place the Tajín on a small plate. Rub the rim of a cocktail glass with a lime, and lightly dip the glass into the Tajín. Fill your glasses with ice.
To make your margarita with dry ice, make the cocktail as directed above, but don’t add ice to the glass. Wear gloves and use tongs to transfer a 1/2-inch to 1-inch chunk of dry ice to your drink. Allow ice to melt completely or carefully and safely remove ice cube from glass before drinking. DO NOT SWALLOW THE DRY ICE OR TOUCH IT WITH YOUR BARE SKIN.
Can’t find agave? Here’s a quick ‘simple syrup’ recipe as a substitute
- Add ½ cup of granulated sugar and ½ cup of water to a small saucepan over medium heat
- Stir until sugar is dissolved
- Let cool, then pour into a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid
Volcan de mi Tierra Tequila and Betty Buzz
Check out these traditional & non-traditional Margarita recipes from Volcan de mi Tierra Tequila and Betty Buzz to ensure this year’s celebrations are extra delicious and extra fun.
- 1½ ounces Volcán Tequila Blanco
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- ⅔ ounce simple syrup
- ⅔ ounce fruity red wine
Method: Pour tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass and slowly pour the red wine into the drink using a bar spoon.
- 2 oz Volcan Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- ¾ oz Agave Syrup
- Salt & Lime for Rim
Method: Combine your tequila and lime juice, and agave syrup in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously until it is mixed and chilled. Garnish with a slice of lime. Blend together lime and salt in a small blender, and place the mixture on a plate. Press the rim of a glass into it to rim the edge. Strain the margarita into the glass.
BETTY BUZZ SPARKLING MARGARITA
- 1.5 oz Tequila
- 1/2 Bottle Betty Buzz Sparkling Lemon Lime
- 1 oz agave or simple syrup
Method: Start with a lowball glass and add ice, tequila, agave, Betty Buzz Sparkling Lemon Lime, and stir together. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Mezcal UNIÓN elevates the classic margarita cocktail with mezcal, a spirit that boasts a wider flavor range than tequila, encouraging a unique tasting experience.
Mezcal UNIÓN Margarita
1 oz Mezcal UNIÓN Uno
0.25 oz Lime Juice
0.5 oz Orange Liqueur
0.5 oz Agave Syrup
Instructions: In an old-fashioned glass filled with ice, add Mezcal UNIÓN Uno, lime juice, orange liqueur and agave syrup. Garnish with an orange, lime slice, or worm salt on the rim.
Mezcal UNIÓN Avocado Margarita
1.5 oz Mezcal UNIÓN Uno
0.75 oz Lime Juice
0.75 oz Avocado Puree
0.25 oz Agave
Instructions: Combine all ingredients into a shaker tin. Add ice and shake and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
Glassware: Coupe/Nick & Nora
Garnish: Garnish cilantro flower
OPTIMIST Non-Alcoholic Distilled Spirit
Enter OPTIMIST Drinks- non-alcoholic distilled beverages inspired by Los Angeles. The nonalcoholic spirits are designed to enhance social connection and give people the freedom to experiment with their drinking rituals.
For National Margarita day without the alcohol try the smokey, spicy, sharp and sweet The OPTIMIST Piña Margarita. The cocktail is a beautiful combination of flavors reminiscent of their favorite ‘mezcalita’!
The OPTIMIST Piña Margarita
2 oz OPTIMIST Smokey
2-4 slices of Serrano pepper, seeds removed (or not, if you like the heat)
2 oz Pineapple juice
½ oz Lime juice
½ oz Simple Syrup
Muddle serrano in a shaker. Add remaining ingredients and ice, shake until chilled. Strain into a rocks glass with fresh ice and serve immediately, garnishing with a pineapple wedge and additional serrano coins for extra heat.
Parrot Bay Bae-cation
Parrot Bay Rum Invites Fans to Escape the Daily Grind on a “Bae-Cation” Vacation
Thanks to Parrot Bay Rum, (two) birds of a feather can flock to warmer weather together on a Parrot Bay “Bae-Cation.”
Parrot Bay’s Bae-cation Sweepstakes
- Parrot Bay Rum is giving 3 winners + their bae the chance to win a tropical-inspired Bae-cation, complete with beachside views and tropical drinks. In addition to the current contest, there will be an additional retail sweepstakes beginning March 1 where another lucky person will have the chance to win.
- Bae-cations are valued at $5,000 each, complete with roundtrip airfare, accommodations, beachside views and tasty cocktails.
- Open now, visit offers.ParrotBay.com/Baecation to enter for your chance to win today. Beginning March 1 through April 30, visit offers.parrotbay.com/pbFlyAway/ to enter the additional sweepstakes and test your luck!
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchasing a product will not improve your chances of winning. Must be legal resident of (50) U.S. or D.C., age 21 or older. Registration begins at 12:00a ET 1/24/2023 and ends at 11:59p ET 2/28/2023. To enter, and for complete official rules including eligibility, prize description and ARV, scan the QR code or directly visit https://offers.parrotbay.com/BaeCation/. Odds of winning based upon number of eligible entries received. No alcoholic beverage is part of any prize award. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. SPONSOR: Sazerac Company, Inc.
SOURCE Parrot Bay Rum