Ruffino commemorated the occasion on October 17th. To pay homage to its Italian roots, the brand held the Anniversary Dinner at West Village’s hotspot pizzeria, Emily.
Beppe D’ Andrea, Ruffino’s Global Brand Ambassador, spoke about the brand’s heritage and origins. The brand was born when cousins Leopoldo and Ilario established their winery in Pontassieve, Italy in 1877. They started with a simple belief: that the best wines come from the best vineyards. Since then, the brand has gone on to make it’s wines with the highest quality fruit and modern cellar techniques, embracing history and tradition along the way.
The menu featured Emily’s classic pizzas paired with a selection of Ruffino’s best wines.
Some of our favorite pizza’s included The Emily (pistachio, honey, truffle Sottocenere), The Quattro (bacon, pickled chili, ranch), and The Classic (sauce, farm cheese, mozzarella).
Guests were encouraged to fill out their favorite pizza + wine combos before they left the party.
Ruffino features five kinds of wines:
- Riserva Ducale: This collection features two of Ruffino’s flagship wines: Riserva Ducale and Riserva Ducale Oro.
- Estate Wines: These red wines are produced in small batches, using fruit from Ruffino’s Tuscan Estate vineyards.
- Tuscan Reds: This collection features something for everyone’s palate, with both traditional and modern wines.
- White Wines: I love white wine because it’s light and fruity. I especially loved the Lumina Pinot Grigio, it pairs perfectly with a Margherita Pizza.
- Sparkling Wines: These sparkling wines are grown in Northern Italy. My favorite? The Sparkling Rosé.