Find out what happened at Espolòn Tequila & The FADER’s party this week.
Earlier this week Knock popped out to Rough Trade to help Espolòn and The Fader celebrate the release of The FADER’s first book “Fader Fort: Setting the Stage.” The venue was adorned in Calavera style recreations of celebrities like P.Diddy, Migos, Solange and Dev Hynes who was in attendance. Other Notable guests in attendance included Dai Burger and DJ Byrell the Great. The festive evening was hosted by Cakes Da Killa as DJs Angel+Dren vibes and fans sipped on complimentary, signature Espolòn Tequila. In addition to the free cocktails, Espolòn featured an exclusive tequila tasting to fans where they had a chance to try Ańejo X. Espolòn swag was also available to fans who acquired “cock cash.” With the cash, fans were able to haggle prices on Espolòn merch.
While fans enjoyed the festivities, everyone anxiously awaited the performance part of the evening. DJs Angel + Dren spiced things up with tracks like Cardi B & YG’s “She Bad.” Up next Porches performed his hit record “Annah” and warmed up the crowd. After a fun-filled evening, fans went crazy when Young M.A. took the stage. Young M.A. kicked it off with her undeniable hit “OOOUUU” and then switched it up with newer tracks like “PettyWap.” The night was a blast and Espolòn and FADER definitely set the stage.
The previous Monday, Espolòn hosted their annual COCKtail Fights Tag Team National Championship at Gramercy Theater in New York City. The Fenghuang Fighters, Caer Ferguson & Sharon Yeung won the championship with their signature “Ramon’s Revival” loo below for the recipe.
Ramon’s Revival Drink Recipe – Created by Caer and Shannon of Austin, TX
- 2 oz sesame horchata infused Espolòn Anejo
- .25 oz fresh orange juice
- .5 oz “No Chicken” orange chicken syrup
- 4 dashes citric acid
- 4 mandarin orange segments
How to Prepare:
- Take all ingredients and shake with cubed ice in a cobbler shaker. Double strain into a chilled Chinese rice bowl. Flame absinthe over the drink with a torch and atomizer. Cheers!
Recipe for: Sesame horchata infused
- Espolon Anejo: Toast 1 cup brown rice with half teaspoon of sesame oil. Add 1.5 cups tequila and blend for 1 minute. Let sit for 10 minutes and strain out rice. Note that any cloudiness is good.
- “No Chicken” orange chicken syrup: Combine 2 anise stars, 1 clove, 1 tablespoon pink peppercorn, quarter teaspoon Chinese cinnamon, and quarter teaspoon fennel seed (lightly toasted). Add 1 cup water and 1.5 cups sugar, the zest of 2 oranges and 1 tangerine, quarter teaspoon rice vinegar, 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon of okonomiyaki sauce (made by otofuku). Simmer until the sugar dissolves and let cool for 20 minutes before straining.
- Flamed absinthe spray, fortune cookie & other Chinese-American