For his Fall/Winter 2024 New York Fashion Week show, Christian Siriano implemented glimmering shades of red and orange, reminiscent of a beautiful sunset. The always-iconic show featured models such as Coco Rocha and Daphne Velghe, and included a dazzling featured hairstyle seen on the runway – the ‘Celestial Box Bun’.
These future-inspired styles that TRESemmé Partner & Celebrity Stylist Lacy Redway created, provide a new take on the trending ‘Extra Terrestrial Indulgence’ hair looks that utilize interesting and extravagant textures.
Prior to the show, the backstage area at the Plaza Hotel was a similar situation, with striking hairstyles being created to match the glamorous looks the models would be donning later in the evening. Spearheaded by the talented TRESemmé Partner & Celebrity Stylist, Lacy Redway, the ‘Celestial Box Bun’ emerged as a standout feature, blending elements of futurism with a touch of ethereal elegance.
Redway drew inspiration directly from Siriano’s visionary collection. The aim was to echo the reflective nature of the designs in the hair, while also infusing it with bold and unconventional textures, resulting in a look that exuded both fun and futurism. “My inspiration for this look is quite literally a reflection of Christian’s collection,” Redway said. “When I first saw the clothes, I wanted to mirror the reflectiveness of the designs in the hair while also indulging in blunt and unique textures that make the look feel fun and futuristic.”
The futuristic hair elements complimented the looks flawlessly. Here’s how Lacy Redway achieved the look:
Key Products Used:
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Fortifying Heat Protection Spray
- TRESemmé Extra Hold Mousse
- TRESemmé Mega Control Gel
- TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Weightless Silky Shine Spray
- Dyson Supersonic™
- Step 1: Lacy prepped the hair with TRESemmé One Step Blow-out Cream, TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Fortifying Heat Protection Spray, andTRESemmé Extra Hold Mousse to hydrate and protect hair against heat.
- Step 2: Next, create a deep center part and control flyaway strands with TRESemmé Extra Hold Mousse. Use a flat paddle brush and the newDyson Supersonic™ r with the styling concentrator attachment in the high air flow and high heat.
- Step 3: Then you blow dry and smooth down the hair and secure it into a coiffed ponytail with an elastic. Apply TRESemmé Mega Control Gel down the center part and apply speckles of gold leaf.
- Step 4: Saturate the ponytail with the TRESemmé Mega control Gel and then fold the hair twice onto itself to form a rectangular flat bun. Secure hair into place with hair pins.
- Step 5: Speckle gold leaf onto the top of the bun using TRESemmé Mega Control Gel.
- Step 6: Then we use the Dyson Supersonic™ r with the flyaway attachment in the high air flow and low heat settings to make sure the specks are set and TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Weightless Silky Shine Spray to smooth the flyaways all over to achieve an effortlessly silky shine.
With its futuristic allure and celestial accents, the ‘Celestial Box Bun’ presented at the Christian Siriano NYFW FW’24 show offers a fresh take on avant-garde hairstyling. Thanks to the guidance of Redway and the strategic use of TRESemmé’s innovative products, the captivating hairstyle is within reach for anyone seeking to make a bold statement with their hair. Embrace the celestial vibes and prepare to dazzle with the style’s essence of modern glamour.