Steal the TRESemmé-powered look from the Prabal Gurung show: a bold look worn by everyone from Candice Swanepoel to Taylor Hill.
Big, bold and fierce were the names of the game at Prabal Gurung’s Fall/Winter 2019 show this past week, and that doesn’t just go for the clothing. Indeed, lead hair sponsor TRESemmé brought the big guns with Odile Gilbert offering a chic and edgy look. It’s full volume, and in her own words, “very sexy but stand-your-ground”. The effect is a loose bouffant front with a sleek back. If you’re curly-haired, you’re in luck: the style adapts easily and still captures the essence of the season. “The key to this is volume. Maintain body by blow drying the hair with your head upside down.” By the way, the look calls for some blow drying- don’t forget to pick up the very sleek and powerful Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer.
How does one assemble the look? It’s a six-step process.
- Start in the shower with the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner, followed by Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo to create the volumed foundation.
- Spritz with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Head Protect Spray before rough drying with head turned upside down to add extra body and texture.
- Use TRESemmé Thermal Creations Blow Dry Accelerator Spray then blow dry the roots of the hair upwards for maximum volume.
- Spray with TRESemmé Between Washes Volumizing Dry Shampoo and use fingers to scrunch the hair and lift the roots.
- Using your fingers, comb the front section of the hair backwards and lock the look with a spray of TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Hair Spray Level 3: Boost.
- Finish with a small amount of TRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Gel to slick back the remaining front section of the hair above ears and on the other side.
The look in the end is a chic and powerful expression of womanhood and celebration of all hair types- the Prabal Gurung Show had 50 female looks and 10 male looks with all sorts of textures and weights. Enjoy!