Another fashion week, another incredible Alice+Olivia presentation. Above all, I look forward to Stacey Bendet’s Alice+Olivia presentations every season. The most exciting part of it all is heading backstage with TRESemmé, of course, to see the beauty looks come together.
TRESemmé’s Global Stylist, (and one of my favorite hair icons) Justine Marjan created a “70’s bohemian, rock-inspired” loose wave. Justine described the look as “barely there loose wave with a relaxed center part to frame the face.” Justine then added a special touch by placing was crystal adornments throughout some of the model’s hair. Another look created by Justine was a sleek low ponytail with crystals in the parting.
Both looks were super simple and super chic. I got a moment to speak with Justine during the hectic backstage prep to find out her favorite TRESemmé product. “I love the smooth dry oil finishing spray. It adds such a nice shine to the hair and is great for fine hair. For people who are afraid to use oil, this is perfect because it’s not heavy and gives the shine and hydration without weighing it down.”Justine shared.
Thanks to TRESemmé and Justine, I can share a full breakdown of how to create the 70’s bohemian waves. Look below for the look and some more photos from Alice+Olive AW20 presentation.
- Prep dry hair with TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Level 4: Extend Hair Spray then brush through.
- Use the ghd Platinum Plus Styler to alternate between S waves and push waves, keeping the ends straight for a super undone, low-volume finish.
- Spray TRESemmé Smooth Dry Oil Spray or TRESemmé Dry Texture Finishing Spray depending on hair type.
- Finish with TRESemmé Compressed Micro Mist Level 4: Extend Hair Spray.
- Add crystal adornments if necessary. (They are necessary)