UPCOMING: Popsugar to host Grounded health/wellness event in LA
International women’s day is coming up soon and what better way to celebrate it then by honoring women’s health and fitness at POPSUGAR’s Play/Ground event in Los Angeles! The event is to take place on Saturday, March 7th, with international women’s day coming up the day after on March 8th. This can’t miss event is based around fitness and a healthy lifestyle. This event is going to have two sessions, tickets are priced at $25 for either the morning or afternoon session or $40 for the entire day. With these tickets, you will be treated to many incredible events circled around wellness and self-care, and anybody interested can attend!
These include The Body Garage, a place in which you can gear up your body and mind with electric workouts led by top instructors, and The Rest Stop, described as “a soul space for spirit-expanding moments, centering spaces, self-care workshops, and inspirational panels.” You can shop for exclusive merch and a collection of POPSUGAR’s Must Have favorites at the PS Mini Mart. Fuel up for the day at the Fuel Station, where you’ll be greeted with a surplus of healthy snacks throughout the day. On top of all of this, you’ll have exclusive all-day access to self-love practices, healing rituals, beauty consultations, and more, giving you the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind to get away from the stress of daily life.
This event is focused on positivity and being your best you, and we can’t recommend it more! Created by women, for women, Lisa Sugar says “Our audience is eager to learn everything they can about the latest fitness trends and how to live a well-balanced life. We saw their passion and enthusiasm at our Play/Ground festival, particularly within our dedicated fitness and wellness villages.”
Click here to get your tickets for this can’t miss women’s event!
If you’re not in LA, not to worry! We have a great NYC event for you too! At the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn, you can experience a one of a kind audio creator event at On Air Fest 2020! Podcast lovers will be treated to a fantastic 3-day event that’s full of talent and can even teach you a thing or two about podcast creation!
Featuring performances and live podcasts in the Main Hall, art installations and intimate talks in the upper-level guest suites, and breakfasts and happy hours in the hotel’s newest culinary concepts by Jon Neidich and Golden Age Hospitality – Le Crocodile and Lemon’s, this event is as unique as it is exciting! Scott Newman, Founder and Creative Director of work x work, the agency presenting On Air Fest, sure thinks so.
“On Air Fest brings together the most iconic and the most experimental artists and storytellers who are defining the culture of audio,” Newman said. As did Peter Lawrence, Owner and General Manager of Wythe Hotel. “Risk-taking creativity is an important part of Brooklyn’s story and the Williamsburg waterfront has served as a home for these pursuits for some time,” he said when discussing the event.
The event’s headliners include Ira Glass, Talib Kweli, The Daily’s Michael Barbaro and Thea Balcolmb, On Being’s Krista Tippett, DJs Stretch and Bobbito, and authors Hanif Abdurraqib (Go Ahead in the Rain: Notes on a Tribe Called Quest), Ocean Vuong (On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous), and Wesley Lowery (They Can’t Kill Us All), and they’ll all be featured in panels that you just can’t miss!!
The event will take place from March 6th to March 8th, and tickets can be purchased here!
Additional sighting: Yesterday afternoon in Dallas, TX, Panera launched a new unlimited coffee subscription, featuring hot drip coffee, iced coffee and iced tea for just $8.99 a month. To celebrate the launch, Panera partnered with Netflix “Cheer” series break-out star Jerry Harris to ensure your cup is always full – even on Mondays! With a live social chat, Panera and Jerry delivered unlimited coffee and unlimited optimism. Check out Panera’s Facebook and Instagram channels to view exclusive content and giveaways every Monday in March!
Additional sighting: Oakley hosted City of Origins, an immersive three-day retail pop-up store in LA — honoring the brand’s heritage in sports performance, which was cemented in 1984 with the Oakley Eyeshade. The three days were curated to celebrate that year, the same year the city of Los Angeles hosted the iconic summer games that proved to break boundaries and set the path for the future.
To celebrate the launch, Oakley invited friends and family for a first look at the space, including:
- A preview of the photography exhibition by surfer, artist and model Evan Mock
- Apearances by BMX icons Bob Haro and Nigel Sylvester
- A first look at an Origins Capsule apparel collection designed by artists Ganna Bogdan and Sage Adams
- Other notable attendees and friends of the brand include Joe Holder, Atiba Jefferson, Eric Koston, Sage Erickson and more.
- Interactive entertainment and mobile games company Scopely today launched the new mobile game. It’s free to download on iOS and Android and is a fresh take on the iconic game – new colors, custom tiles, tournament-style modes, ways to connect with friends via social media, etc.
- *Battle of the Boards* Over the course of the month, celebrity costars, teammates and partners will be playing each other on the app. Based on each celebrity’s final score, Scopely will be making a charitable donation to an organization of that individual’s choice. Additionally, the duo with the highest total combined score will also receive a bonus contribution for their charities.
- Celebrity opponents:
- Tracee Ellis Ross vs. Yara Shahidi
- Mayim Bialik vs. Melissa Rauch
- Whitney Cummings vs. David Spade
- Alex Morgan vs. Megan Rapinoe
- Rainn Wilson vs. Angela Kinsey
- Jonathan Van Ness vs. Antoni Porowski