Vivi Zubedi brought her signature take on modest wear to New York Fashion Week 2018.
Tory Burch debuted her Fall/Winter 2018 collection on day two New York Fashion Week. Guests were greeted with an old space complete with gorgeous white arches transformed into a field of flowers with walkways in grass beside them.
Gabrielle’s Angels, a foundation dedicated to cancer research, announced the line-up of performers and presenters they will feature at their annual charity event, Angel Ball. They made the announcement at their launch party, a fundraiser held to raise awareness for the event. The event took place at Tao Downtown and was sponsored by Casa Noble Tequila.
Announced to host the event is television personality Maria Menounos with celebrity appearances by Kevin Hart, Gloria Gaynor, and Kool & The Gang. The event will also honor Niki Cole, who has devoted her life to helping others with cancer and supporting organizations who support cancer research. It will take place on Monday, October 23, 2017 at Cipriani Wall Street.
Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research funds the best and brightest junior investigators whose research focuses on finding less toxic treatments for patients with leukemia, lymphoma, and related cancers. Since its inception in 1996, the Foundation has funded more than $30 million dollars in grants making it one of the largest non-governmental sources of grant support to blood cancer research in the nation. On average, eighty-five cents of every dollar raised directly funds research.
“City of Ghosts,” a documentary capturing the rebels who risk their lives for the anti-ISIS movement R.B.S.S. – Raqqa Is Being Slaughtered Silently – had a screening last week in New York, followed by a panel with director Matthew Heineman, producer Alex Gibney, and one of the subjects of the film known by his first name, Aziz.
Exclusive: Writer/Director Danny Strong, Nicholas Hoult, Zoey Deutch Talk Their New Film ‘Rebel In The Rye’
The new J.D. Salinger biopic, “Rebel in the Rye” had its New York premiere last week at the Metrograph.
Young Living debuted their newest collection of essential oils during New York Fashion Week at Michelson Studio last week.
French Affair’s parent company IHL is collaborating with Elie Tahari to launch a new collection of bras, panties, and sleepwear in February! French Affair is a low price-high quality lingerie brand,
The Knockturnal got an exclusive sneak peek at the collection, which will be perfect to snuggle up in and get a little hot under the covers come cold February. The new line will update the fabrics to softer, more fashion forward ones, including breezy French stripes, slinky black slips, and fun florals. Their new lingerie collection will reflect today’s Instagram friendly trends, like high waisted panties, delicate flowered lace bras, and black mesh.
French Affair’s current collection is of course available now online and in department stores such as Macy’s and JC Penney. Fan favorites include pastel bralettes and lacy nude bodysuits. Perfect for festival season!
St. Ives, the acclaimed skincare company, has brought a pop-up mixing bar to downtown Manhattan! Fans of the skincare brand can visit their shop in Soho and create their own customized lotion or scrub down to the texture, consistency, ingredients, and scent. We stopped by the pop-up to talk to Caila Quinn, the gorgeous star of The Bachelor turned beauty influencer, who has partnered with St. Ives for this event as well as bring home our own yummy customized body cream—Honey and Ginger of course! The pop up is live at 577 Broadway in Manhattan, and is extending their original six week stay into September due to popular demand. Check it out while you can!
The Knockturnal: How did you first get in touch with St. Ives?
Caila Quinn: I’ve been using St. Ives for five years, I love the apricot scrub because it’s so portable and it gives me the perfect type of clean fresh skin on the go, so when they reached it out it seemed like a really good fit.
As soon as I walked in the door, I thought this mixing bar was so cute. I’m single, so I think this is a great place to go on a date with somebody. You can smell all the different scents, and it’s a very sensual experience to share that—it makes you get close to somebody. If anybody needs a good date spot, or something new and exciting, they should come here.
During my season [on The Bachelor], on one of the dates, they went to a science lab like this where they smell each other’s pheromones to see who they’re most chemically attracted to, so it’s really interesting how you can be attracted to someone based on what they smell like.
TK: Do you have a signature scent?
CQ: I do! I have a woodsy scent by Molten Brown. I like all natural outdoors, kind of family scents. I think it’s so sexy.
TK: Do you have any summer beauty routines or tips to give?
CQ: I think it’s really important in the summer to do a moisturizing mask once a week, if not every three days, just because it’s so drying in the summer. But at the same time it’s important to use a scrub, before bed, to get all that dead skin off.
TK: How do you beat the humidity with beauty products?
CQ: I have a dry shampoo in my purse all the time. I don’t know if you have a portable dry shampoo, but I’d highly recommend it for a little body.
TK: Do you have any summer plans?
CQ: This summer, I’m doing a little traveling to LA and going to a couple of weddings. When you go to weddings it’s important to make sure that your makeup lasts all day, because you are in the summer heat, then you’re going to a party—so many pictures! So, making sure you have the right combination of moisturized skin and foundation will make you feel awake all day.
The new Irish-Canadian film, “Maudie” stars Sally Hawkins as the lovable title character and Ethan Hawke as her gruff and crude husband.
- Alexis Ren teamed up with ColourPop Cosmetics to create a new line of lipsticks and bronzers that are available now. The model has had a meteoric rise to fame mainly through her Instagram page, where she has nearly 8 million followers. The model is famous for her beachy and natural look – which her collaboration with ColourPop reflects. The new collection includes two new colors for ColourPop’s famed matte liquid lipstick line, as well as introduce a new lip formula called the “blotted lip,” a lipstick designed to give that blotted look after application. Rounding out the collection is a new bronzer/highlighter palette. The event was thrown at New York’s PhD Rooftop Lounge at the Dream Downtown Hotel, where guests enjoyed testing the new products courtesy of ColourPop as well as sipping drinks provided by SVEDKA Vodka and Kim Crawford Wines.
Photo Credit: Michael Stewart
- Designer Christian Siriano held his F/W17 fashion show after party at SoHo Hotspot The Blond Bar on Saturday night. Guests were treated to SVEDKA Vodka cocktails and included designer Christian Siriano, husband and producer Brad Walsh, Juliette Lewis, Alexa Chung, Alicia Silverstone, Samira Wiley, Lauren Morelli, Danielle Brooks, Isabelle Fuhrman, Leigh Lezark and Maria Hatzistefanis.
Photo Credit: Christian Siriano
- The Daily Front Row celebrated the start of fashion week at Kola House with Kim Crawford Wines and a DJ set by The Misshapes’ Leigh Lezark. The host committee, celebrating ‘Fashion’s Most Inspired’ included Hilary Rhoda, Hopper Penn, Blair Breitenstein, Michael Carl, Sebastian Faena, Thaddeus O’Neil, Francisco Lachowski, Momo, Jason Woodside, Clara McGregor, Farren Fucci, Cindy Bruna and Samantha Angelo. Other partygoers included Sara and Erin Foster, Dylan Penn and models Shaun Ross and Iskra Lawrence.
Photo Credit: The Daily Front Row
- Harley Viera Newtown celebrated the launch of her new HVN collection at Bergdorf Goodman with an intimate gathering. Harley was joined by her mom, sister, fiancé and close friends including Ashley Benson, Nicky Hilton and Leigh Lezark who toasted to Harley’s success with Ruffino Sparkling Rose and Prosecco topped with a cherry to match the printed tea dresses
Photo Credit: Matteo Prandoni/BFA
- On Friday night, V Magazine hosted a signing of V105 with Kendall Jenner, followed by a special celebration with dancing and cocktails under a disco ball at the V offices in SoHo. The cover, shot by Mario Testino and styled by Paul Cavaco, is Jenner’s favorite issue to date! Jenner took over the office after hours inviting friends such as Derek Blasberg, Scott Lippes, Wesley Gerber, Tyler the Creator, Inez & Vinoodh, Mario Sorrenti, Dove Cameron, Levi Dylan, Nolan Funk, Cami Morrane, Neels Visser, Ashton Sanders, Cardi B, Rowan Blanchard, Annalise Basso, Isabelle McNally, Simon Huck and more. After everyone had a SVEDKA Vodka drink in hand, the pop rocker LP performed for the crowd, who was handpicked for the party by Jenner herself. Before the last song, LP announced, “This one goes out to Kendall!”
Photo Credit: Michael Stewart
- On Monday night, Opening Ceremony partnered with photographer Ryan McGinley for a one-night revival of B.East, a popular gay party, at its former location on East Broadway. Opening Ceremony co-founder Humberto Leon is known for throwing epic parties and this season’s old-school “Main Man” party was no different. Upon arrival, guests such as Adam Selman, Petra Collins, Chloe Wise, Ian Bradley and Kiersey Clemons were greeted by SVEDKA Cucumber Lime and Grapefruit Jalapeno cocktails and mini cartons of chinese food. Leon, McGinley and their friends, family and colleagues eventually made their way to the dance floor where everyone partied until 3AM with Misshapes DJ Greg Krelenstein. The scene set by 90s music, the fishtank centerpiece with neon-colored fish contrasting the traditional chinese wall decor was the essence of “New York cool” as guests, with ‘Firewater Walk W/ Me’ SVEDKA cocktails in hand, all got together for an over-the-top dance-off.
Photo Credit: Roy Rolchin/Opening Ceremony
- WE Tv’s “Braxton Family Values” star, Towanda Braxton kicked off Valentine’s Day in New York City with her family at Buca di Beppo Times Square on February 14, 2017. Following Towanda’s induction into ‘Buca’s Sauce Handprints Ceremony’, Braxton indulged in Buca di Beppo’s Heart Shaped Lasagna, Heart Shaped Pizza and Heart Cannoli’s and cheers’ed to the upcoming fashion debut of her children, Braxton Montelus Carter and Brooke Carter in the Rookie USA New York Fashion Week show on February 15th.
PHOTO CREDIT: Bruce Glikas/Buca di Beppo
- Following Jason Wu, FIJI Water was the official water of the Altuzarra Fall 2017 Runway Show at Spring Studios on Sunday, February 12th. FIJI Water was on hand to hydrate the models backstage and the show where celebrities like Christina Ricci, Emily Ratajkowski and Alexa Chung all sat front row to watch the ‘Northern Renaissance’ inspired collection.
- On Wednesday, FIJI Water continued fashion week as the official water of Jason Wu’s Fall 17 Runway Show. To mark the 10th anniversary of his collection, he brought his runway show back to the St. Regis Hotel where Emily Ratajkowski, Adriana Lima and Diane Kruger all sat front row to watch.
- Resident Magazine-turned-party host invited guests to celebrate the February issue, celebrating cover stars Brandon and Michi Marshall. It was hosted downtown at Philippe Hoerle-Guggenheim’s HG Contemporary Gallery. The buzzy space featured live music as well as a caviar tasting. A silent auction took place amid the art and featured VIP tickets to Hamilton, a getaway to Bali in a villa, as well as restaurant vouchers to Vero. Guests included Melissa Kassis, Teresa Giudice, Ben Goldman, Tracy Stern and many others. A portion of The proceeds went to The Marshall’s Charity: Project 375.