On Thursday Dec 10, TKF (Trina’s Kids Foundation) along with Hubble Studios hosted the 2nd Annual Runway Wonderland fashion and benefit auction.
If you were on Instagram or Facebook this weekend, it’s likely that you saw at least one mention of BeautyCon on either platforms. BeautyCon made it’s way to New York City on Saturday, hosting the event by Pier 36. For beauty obsessed teens and women alike, this was the event to be at with meets up with YouTube beauty and style gurus, steep discounts on products from Tarte and QVC, and freebies and contests hosted by Proactiv+ and Essie.
BeautyCon events were held in threefold. On one end of the room, a seating arrangement was set up for the different panels of the day. Panelists included Jay Manuel, Lo Bosworth, Sprinkle of Glitter, Maddi Bragg, Chrisette Michelle, Angel Merino, and Bethany Mota, among others. The rest of the room was filled with different brands and vendors offering complimentary services, freebies, and fan favorites from brands like Tarte Cosmetics, Physician’s Formula, Ricky’s NYC, and Elizabeth Arden. Outside the event space was exclusively for meet and greets, food service, and performances by JoJo, Madison Beer, Poppy, and Jovanie.
- QVC gave customers the chance to pick four products for a large selection to take home for free. (This line was never-ending, people ended up purchasing food and eating it on the line because it took so long. Totally worth it though, considering the dedication of these girls, the products must have been amazing.)
- Essie held a give a-away contest. They had a full mani bar and when beauty goers posted a picture of their manis on Instagram, they were instantly entered to win a full wall of Essie.
- Pro-Active held an interactive game where you could win anything from the facial brush to the three-piece collection.
Being that this was my BeautyCon Event ever, I picked up a few things:
- Wear comfortable shoes. The conference space was huge and before the day’s end, I had made several laps around the space. Also, with the amount of people that were there (A LOT), it got really hot, really fast. Wear removable layers, I repeat, wear layers. I wore a sweater and coat because it was freezing on Saturday. But even with taking off my coat, I was sweating.
- Bringing your kids? No fear. BeautyCon had planned perfectly by creating a parents lounge. The space had water and drinks available for parents to unwind with while their kids shopped.
- Arrive early. There were so many give always or sales that ran out of product midway through the day.
- Bring both cash and credit/debit cards with you. Certain vendors only accepted cash, so come prepared with both.
- Lines will be long, very, very long. Come with your friends and have fun! There’s so much to do and look at, there’s something for everyone.
For those who couldn’t make it, you can still get in on the fun by subscribing to the BeautyCon BFF Box. The box is curated by BeautyCon and industry insiders and includes the newest beauty products. There are two types of subscription options: either yearly or seasonal. With both subscriptions, boxes will be shipped four times a year, but the payment schedule differs. Learn more about it here.