The textured embellishments and distinguished textures at the Lela Rose Fall/Winter 2016 show were not for the fashion faint of heart. The collection evoked effortless sophistication with a luxe approach.
With a rich palette of oxblood, indigo, dusted pink, pink, fawn, moss, and jewel tones, Lela Rose presented a sleek and feminine perspective. There was an emphasis on texture and dimension with a focus on layering, clean lines, and modern suiting. The geometric and graphic botanics created a mesmerizing effect. The oxidized metallic fabrics with elegant hand embroidered that added a luxurious touch to gowns and outerwear. The draping embellishments on the clothes and accessories captured our attention with every step. Needless to say, we were left in awe.
To complement the collection, Beauty.com created an effortlessly polished look with a slightly rebellious touch. We went behind the scenes and spoke to the beauty mavens themselves about how the looks were created. See below for what they said and how to re-create the look.
Hair: Esther Langham for Beauty.com using Alterna Haircare and The Beachwaver Co.
“The idea for the hair is effortless. The Lela Rose girl looks effortless and easy and not too heavy handed with the hair. We kept a little structure in the front by keep the side part and sweeping the hair across the forehead. For the texture in the back, it’s very easy. It still looks and feels like hair.”
Get the Look: Hair
· Prep the hair with a light spray of Alterna Bamboo Volume 48 Hour Sustainable Volume Spray from roots to ends
· Give the hair added texture by spraying Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Perfect Texture Finishing Spray through the roots of the hair
· Create a clean, side part in the hair starting at the arch of the brow
· Create soft waves using The Beachwaver Co. Beachwaver S1 by wrapping large sections of hair around the iron, leaving the ends out creating a more natural look
· Comb through the hair with a large tooth comb to maintain texture
· Tuck the hair at the front of the face behind the ears on both sides to create a clean, sleeker feel
· Finish the look with a light spray of Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hairspray
Skincare and Make Up: Romy Soleimani for Beauty.com using Marula Pure Beauty Oil and Bliss Color
“We are pressing the oil into the skin for an added glow, which is especially helpful in this winter craziness. For make up, we using the Bliss color concealers where needed. It’s all about this khaki green smoke. It’s a gorgeous khaki with gold called “Olive Me”. We are rimming the whole lower lash line and then smudging it out with a brush, and then continuing on top.”
Get the Look: Skincare
· Cleanse the skin using Marula Pure Beauty Oil Foaming Cleansing Oil followed by Marula Pure Marula Facial Oil
· Apply Marula Pure Marula Eye Cream to finish the look
Get the Look: Make Up
· Apply Bliss Stay’cation Long Wear Liquid Foundation for sheer coverage where needed in the center of the face
· Press Bliss Feeling Bright Illuminating Under Eye Concealer in Radiant Ivory in the inner corners of the eyes and to the orbital crescent to brighten
· Take Bliss Holy Brow Tinted Brow Gel and apply to the brows, pushing them upwards for a full look
· Apply Bliss Where There’s Smoke Long Wear Eyeliner in Olive Me under the lower lash line
· Take Bliss Hey Four Eyes 4 Piece Eyeshadow Palette’s Brulee Crème and diffuse under the lower lash line and up into the crease of the lid
· Apply Bliss Accent Lighting Brightening Stick in Candlelit to the inner corners of the eyes and press in using the pad of your finger
· Press Marula Pure Marula Facial Oil into the cheeks for added glow
· Finish the look with Bliss Un-Buffing Believable Smoothing Finishing Balm to mattify the center of the face
Nails: Geraldine Holford for Beauty.com using Londontown
“Usually the look for Lela Rose is very polished, and that shows in the make up and the hair, and obviously in the clothes. This season, she has lots of golds, beautiful olive greens, and jewel tones, so we decided to sort of put a little nod of rock and roll in the girl. We chose this dark gray, charcoal grey.”
Get the Look: Nails
· Apply one coat of Londontown Lakur in Put The Kettle On to the nails