Choosing holiday gifts can be tiring. Luckily, if you can’t figure out what to get that fitness enthusiast in your life, look no further! Want a gift to motivate and inspire family members to spark up action towards their fitness goals and health? Looking to help the movement junkies in your life level up? Check out these recommendations and make your people smile.
Top 10 Holiday Fitness and Health Gifts
- Cook Books — In the days of computers and Alexa, a tangible, page-filled cookbook can seem like a long-lost pleasure. Let’s bring back the feel (and aprons, please) of pages covered in recipes. For those who tend to get bored with the same recipes, try Fit Men Book by Kevin Curry (that last name really sells it, right? He’s amazing!). For those discovering the benefits of Whole 30, Melissa Hartwig Urban and Dallas Hartwig offer amazing recipes in Whole 30: Fast & Easy. Finally, for the holistic vegetarians in your life, get your hands on Nutrition Stripped by McKel Hill — it won’t disappoint.
- Resistance Bands — For your fitness friend who wants to subtly level up their workouts, share the love of booty bands. For beginners, grab this rubber set, offering 5 levels of resistance ranging from Light to XX-Heavy. To keep the challenge going, try these fabric booty bands to get a burning glute activation going! If pull ups are the goal, I would recommend pull-up assistance bands for assistance in strength training plus mobility.
- Water Jugs — Out of sight, out of mind. Pro Tip: keep your water bottle next to you at all times to up that hydration! Check out the super popular Hydro Flask. If you need some extra motivation, grab one of these BPA-free mugs for a little encouragement as you sip. Whether you choose a large jug or small, or clear or solid, toting around a water bottle you love is guaranteed to keep you sipping throughout the day.
- Step Count, Health Trackers — Need a gift for that friend who is all about numbers and tracking? There are so many options! For common health statistics and to track workouts, check out the Apple Watch or a FitBit. For the athletes who really want to level up, Whoop offers a monthly subscription which includes a sleek wrist-band that measures health stats, workouts, and even offers a “Strain” score, allowing for proper recovery and workout planning. While wearable trackers can’t provide 100% accuracy, they can be a great way to measure consistencies and variations in your workouts and recovery!
- Massage Guns — Speaking of recovery, consider a massage gun for, well, anyone. While it’s often heard of throughout the strength building community, a massage gun offers benefits for everyone. From increased blood flow, to relaxing tension deep in the muscles, to reducing soreness, massaging tissue in the body should be on everyone’s bucket list this holiday season. Check out the well-known range of Theraguns, or for a less expensive option, try the Sonic Massage Gun from LifePro!
- Foam Rollers — Continuing on the muscle repair train, foam rollers are often underutilized. It may be a love-hate relationship for most, but adequate deep tissue stimulation and release can be a huge game changer when it comes to repairing tissue, decreasing soreness, and increasing performance. Check out this Amazon option for beginners here, this grid design by TriggerPoint CORE for moderate pressure, or even this collapsible foam roller by Brazyn Life to grab on the go!
- Ankle weights — Do not underestimate the power of ankle weights. Adding a subtle, yet powerful addition in resistance, ankle weights can be used for a variety of exercises and come in a variety of styles and weights! For a 1-2 lb increase, try Bala Bangles ankle weights for the wrist or ankles. For more variety, check out these adjustable ankle weights by GYMENIST.
- Yoga mats — Nothing gets me more excited for a yoga session or a core workout than the perfect mat. Matching the perfect material, thickness, along with the design (obviously) is an art form. Be.You.Tiful offers sleek, durable, and high-cushion mats such as the Be You mat. For a bit more color or wording, check out Society6 for motivational quotes as well as all things crystal on your mat.
- Protein Powder— We can’t chat health gifts without talking about protein. There are so many options, but a well-rounded, filling and nutritious protein can make a world of difference in your day! My current favorite? Mikuna Foods — a game-changing superfood, plant-based protein you can add into smoothies, protein bites, and even oatmeal! Packed with 20g of protein plus fiber, iron, and calcium, Mikuna offers 3 different flavors (I personally love the vanilla most!) and an ingredients list you can feel good about. Check out their products and ingredients right here!
- Gift Cards — Last but certainly not least, we can’t forget about the classic gift card. It acts as a thoughtful gesture while letting your friend or family member choose the details. Gift cards can go towards a favorite sports store, the life-changing massage spot down the street, a fitness class your sister has been wanting to try, or even a meal prep company to deliver healthy, affordable meals right to your bestie’s door!
Give the gift of fitness and wellness. Whether it’s workout equipment, nourishment for the body, or just your presence during an activity with someone, being intentional — about your health and of those in your life — is bound to be one of the greatest gifts you can give to your loved ones this year.
Happy Holidays — and don’t forget to enjoy the present (moment)!