Rachel Zoe’s Autumn/Winter 2016 collection was unlike anything else she’s ever done.
While the style maven usually draws her inspiration from the the bohemian 1960’s and 70’s, this season surprised us with an intersection of the 1930’s and 90’s. “With the juxtaposition between androgyny and romance, there is a subtle and unexpected sexiness throughout,” says Rachel Zoe and we could not agree more.
She managed the perfection of winter white with pearl embellished knits, fluffy coats, and light fringe while also delving into a deeper color palate of rich burgundy and gold. The expert craftsmanship and layering evoked unapologetic glamour and sultry sophistication. The entire collection is incredibly wearable and just begging to hit the red carpet and world of it girl style.
The Rachel Zoe presentation took place at the Skylight Clarkson Square. Celebrities in attendance included Olivia Culpo, Olivia Palermo, and Johannes Heubl.
To complement the collection, TRESemmé created a look to reflect the “slouchy glamour.” We got the chance to speak to speak to TRESemmé stylist, Jeannie Syfu about what inspired it.
“We are going quite feminine with the hair. It’s a combination of a french braid fish tail. We are prepping the hair with the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation Sea Foam which mattifies the hair and gives it a good grip. We are using the natural texture of the models, so we won’t be using any curing irons or round brushing or anything like that.”
Here’s the step by step for how to get the the look:
- Prep damp hair with a combination of TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave Creation sea Foam and TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray.
- Blow-dry to enhance hair’s natural texture, then create an imperfect center part and lengths.
- Lightly tease the front sections at the roots to give added lift, then create a fishtail braid along both sides, leaving out a few face-framing pieces, and fasten with an elastic.
- Gather both braids at the back of the head and join them together, creating a single braid down the center, fasten with an elastic.
- Gently pull braids apart using fingers for a more wispy texture and finish the look by spraying TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Crushable Hold Hairspray all over for touchable hold that lasts.
Check out some of our favorite looks below!
Guests stayed hydrated with Fiji Water.