With a background in fashion from Parsons, Karuna Chani is known for her fashion-forward makeup looks and ability to perfectly marry eastern cultural elements with western beauty trends. Bridal clients seek out the KC Makeup touch for a contemporary bridal look with elements of timeless beauty.
Traveling to wherever the client is, Karuna has been to Bali, Hong Kong, Singapore, India and Africa to make bridal client dreams come true. As securing a date with KC Makeup to become the ‘ever exclusive’ #KCBride is an important part of a bride’s wedding process, many book as early as 18 months in advance!
KC’s work has been featured in top publications such as Vogue India, Atelier Magazine, Maharani Weddings, Cosmopolitan Indonesia, Women’s Health India, Marie Claire India, PARADE Magazine, The Daily Makeover, India Abroad, Wedding Affair Magazine, Bridal Guide, Femina and Hello! Magazine India. Notable clients include Priyanka Chopra, Shahana Goswami, Caroline Scheufele (Co-president of Chopard), Amrita Singh and Chandrika Tandon.
The esteemed makeup artist gave us her top beauty looks from 90th Academy Awards.
- Jennifer Lawrence in Dior
- This gunmetal beaded Dior gown paired with fun, loose waves and minimalist yet exquisite diamonds earrings was my ultimate fav.
- She chose to go with a soft yet bold cat-eyes and tomato lips which is a great play with her metallic gown.
- Zendaya in Giambattista Valli
- Talk about one of the most underrepresented colors in the rainbow…..Chocolate has never looked this stunning …. ever before.
- One sleeve silk chiffon Grecian silhouette paired with Bulgari jewelry.
- Zendaya’s tight top bun, full brows, and sultry cocoa smoked eyes paired with barely-there lips was a Done Deal winner of the night.
- Gal Gadot in Givenchy Haute Couture
- Metallics are def a hot trend on the red carpet this season. Gal was a 10 out of 10 and looked simply divine in a dark metallic beaded plunging Givenchy Haute Couture gown with fringe skirt with Tiffany & Co. Blue Book diamond-and-aquamarine necklace and Christian Louboutin heels.
- Gal’s skin was flawless, glowing with sheer foundation, full brows, soft ‘done it myself’ undo and decided to bring the focus to her perfect pout with just the right amount of color on her lips …. Stain-like rich brick red. …great color for all olive skin tones.
- Taraji P. Henson in Vera Wang
- They say wearing black is playing it safe, but there’s nothing traditional nor safe about Taraji’s sexy number. From the softly pleated chiffon and sky-high slit to the unexpected arm attachments, her look made the red carpet red hot.
- I love the added touch of sheer, shimmering plum eyeshadowand a matte berry lip with a clean, fresh face.
- Jane Fonda in Balmain
- wears a strong-shouldered white Balmain dress with white Perrin Paris clutch, Chopard jewelry and Time’s Up pin.
- This woman carries herself with such impeccable style & grace and knows exactly how to work this Goddess like gown at her age.
- You would never know Jane Fonda is 80 years old from her FABULOUS look! She opted for a subtle & soft makeup look to go with her all-white ensemble. …Ageless vision in white!