It’s NYFW and we went backstage for Erin Fetherston F/W 2017 with Glamsquad then hit the runway for the show. Read on!
Erin Fetherston has a stunning confidence. We spoke briefly to Fetherston about the concept. “This season, she’s sort of a romantic at heart, a bohemian spirit, traveling the globe. She’s collecting treasures from all corners of the world.” When asked if this is personal, she said, “Yes! I I’ve traveled, I’ve lived in many countries, this is personal.”
Sure enough, the show opened to an extremely posh and elegant globally-influenced show. A stunning palate of plum, wine, dark red, maroon, found in satin, velvet, even sheer and taffeta. The shapes are longer, these are not revealing pieces, but they are involved in showing mystery and romance. The cuts are key, they aren’t like columns of fabric, but sensitively tailored to accent a hip or leg. Tassels make a considerable appearance here, including an antique-influenced flapper dresses of dazzling and energetic royal blue or pink tassels, to a simple tunic in black with two elegant tassels centering the look. The strongest look was simple. An olive green pantsuit of sorts was effortlessly tailored, relatively high-waisted. It was, in reference to pop culture, what YEEZY could have been. These pieces accent any part of a body, be it height, assets or more.
Make up is was done by Glamsquad, an elegant approach to the bohemian mood. We got a sense of the look backstage. It’s largely natural, with a pop of a vibrant red lip and a distinguished cheek. Foundation is skin color with a simple contour with a Charlotte Tilbury color. Some girls received a rosy blush to accent the cheeks. There is a sensitive dewy quality to the looks as well. “Starting with foundation and some cream around the eyes really let them pop, not to mention the cheeks which are highlighted in a gentle way. She is suppose to be soft and elegant and global,” Kelli J. Bartlett said. The dewiness comes from a thin layer of moisture cream. “Brows are filled in to be dark and with a statement power.” The nails are Essie “Blanc.”
As for hair, it was an “easy, chill boho wave, where she has been traveling and got her hair braided, but the braids fell out a bit. She’s easy and carefree” They added two extremely small loose braids, one of either side of the head. “It’s an interesting trend piece”.
Before braiding, the “hair is ironed and curled then hit with a Shuhari Pro Fujin X dry. The waves are very light and if the girls already have waves, we bring those out. Every girl gets Davines texturizing spray.”
Makeup: Kelli J. Bartlett for GLAMSQUAD using Charlotte Tilbury, Koh Gen Do, MAC, Nivea, Skyn, Tarte and Tom Ford
Nails: Christina Quercia for GLAMSQUAD using Essie
GET THE LOOK: MAKEUP
- Prep the Skin with Skyn’s Iceland Under Eye Illuminator, Moisturizer and Arctic Facial Oil, then apply Nivea Lip Butter to the lips.
- For a fluffy, feathered brow, start with brushing them in an upward motion and set with a tinted brow gel. Use a tone deeper than the actual brow color to give it more depth and dimension, try Tarte brow defining gel and add Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows.
- To prep the eyes, first curl lashes and buff a small amount of MAC Painterly Paint Pot over the lid. Use MAC Bamboom Eye Paint and Charlotte Tilbury Barbarella Brown Eyeliner near the top and bottom lash line to create a halo effect. Finish the look with IT Cosmetics Tight Line Mascara.
- To achieve a flawless complexion, start by applying MAC Face & Body Foundation all over the face with a dampened beauty blender. Apply KoH Gen Do Color Base and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer under the eyes, down the bridge and around your nose to conceal. Add definition to the cheeks by adding Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Cream and set entire face with Powder, excluding the bridge of your nose. Lastly, highlight the top of your cheeks with MAC Cream Color Base in Hush.
- For the lip, apply Beauty for Real Lip Liner, leaving the edge free of color, then tap a wine colored lipstick with your fingers to the center of the lips.
GET THE LOOK: NAILS