Rebecca Minkoff’s Fall 2016 Runway quite literally stopped traffic. Taking place outside of her retail location in the heart of Soho, bleachers, and a band took over the block and fashion’s elite gathered to witness the show.
Featuring printed leather jackets, dark florals on printed chiffon, and velvet slip dresses, the collection had a bohemian, rock n roll feel. The accessories were very much on point with crushed velvet booties and embellished guitar-strap box handbags. We were left aching for the temperature to drop so we could wear everything. Luckily, the entire collection is available for purchase here.
As for beauty, the models rocked an effortlessly edgy style that embodied the “gypsetter” look of the collection. Here’s the step by step on how to get the look!
To encapsulate this vagabond style, TRESemme stylist Jeanie Syfu created soft bohemian, textured waves.
Get the Look: Hair
- Apply TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Wave creation Sea Foam from roots to ends of damp hair to enhance natural texture.
- Blow dry using fingers, then once the hair is almost dry, switch to paddle brush to eliminate frizz and smooth length.
- Section off the bottom half of the hair and begin horizontally wrapping one-inch sections of hair around a 1 and 1/4 inch curling iron, leaving out ends. Repeat this section by section working up to the top of the head.
- Once curls are cooled, gently brush through to create a soft, airy finish and set the look withTRESemmé Two Hold Hairspray.
For nails, Michelle Saunders for essie created a modern twist on the classic French manicure using two fall essie shades inspired by the eclectic cool girl vibes form the fall collection.
Get the Look: Nails
- Start by applying first base base coat to clean nails
- Apply go go geisha, an antique pink, to just the ring fingers and let dry.
- Paint maki me happy, a deep crimson, on the rest of the nails.
- Take the maki me happy and while angling your brush horizontally, drag across the tip of the ring fingers (just shy of the halfway down your nail).
- Using go go geisha down in the same fashion, paint across tips of the other nails to complete the look.
- Finish will gel setter top coat.
Beauty influencer, Amanda Steele, teamed up with Maybelline New York makeup artist, Gato, to create the “gypsetter” look. A somewhat messy look that exudes confidence, independence and fearlessness to embody the feel behind the collection.
Get the Look: Makeup
- Apply Dream Cushion Foundation (launching January 2017) softly all over the skin, but with a very light touch.
- Use Master Strobe Illuminating Face Stick in Golden with a fan brush just along the cheekbones in the light.
- For the statement eye, blend the Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil in Ultra Black blended with Dream Cushion Foundation to make a cream like eyeshadow with staying power. Apply the blended due with your finger to make a “messy” smoky eye look adjusting to each model’s eye shape. Then, apply Lasting Drama Waterproof Gel Pencil in Ultra Black into the waterline as well.
- To complete the smoky eye look, layer Expert Wear Mono Eye Shadow in Khaki Camo over the top of the black base, and into the corner of the eye. ((Launching September 10 on Amazon for limited time before they officially hit stores in January 2017)
- Apply The Falsies Push Up Angel Mascara (Launching September 10 on Amazon for limited time before they officially hit stores in October 2016)
- To finish the look, apply Lip Studio Shine Shot Glassy Topcoat on the eyebrows.
- Add Baby Lips in Quenched on the lips to keep it natural so the eye really makes a statement.