Not even a snow day could stop New York Fashion Week on Thursday, February 8th as models prepared to walk the runway with Noon by Noor. The Knockurnal got a chance to go backstage to take a look at the models getting ready. The lead hairstylist was Mark Hampton, who used Alterna Haircare to create each of the looks. When asked about the looks, Hampton said
“The look we are going for is sleek on the top and free on the bottom, creating a dichotomy between the two styles”.
Nails were done by Christina Quercia on GLAMSQUAD who created her own color by mixing Essie Take it Outside and Essie Marshmallow.
“The color is perfect for winter, without taking away too much from the look”
“This look’s inspiration is the modern cool girl. It is an undone done mix of androgyny that plays of the essence of both feminine and masculine style.”
Both looks worked effortlessly with the clothes, coupled with a natural makeup look to create a sleek and stylish look for each of the models.
GET THE LOOK: HAIR
- Work Alterna Haircare Bamboo Weightless Whipped Mousse through the root and mid lengths of the hair.
- Using a comb or pintail create a very low deep side parting on the left, using the wetness of the mousse to keep it sharp and precise.
- With the parting in place dry the hair slowly and gently whilst tucking it behind the ears, use a one inch curling iron unevenly and in rough sections for the mid length and ends.
- Use a little Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist over the mid lengths to take away any fly aways and a little Alterna Haircare Caviar Style Grit to add a more lived in feeling throughout the ends and curls
- Finish with Alterna Haircare Caviar Working Hairspray paying attention to the hairline and side parting and area tucked behind the ears.
GET THE LOOK: NAILS
Christina Quercia for GLAMSQUAD using Essie
- Prep the nail with Essie First Base Basecoat
- One coat of Essie Take It Outside followed by one coat of Essie Marshmallow
- Seal the look with Essie Good To Go Top Coat