We caught up with our girl Amy Komorowski master hair groomer to the stars to talk hair style tips for the Spring.
If you’re not familiar with Amy, then you’re definitely familiar with her work. When not busy being one of the coolest moms to follow on Instagram Amy is busy with her work in such magazines as Vogue Hombre, The Rake and UPstreet and in advertising campaigns for Perry Ellis and Creative Recreation. Amy’s work can also be seen on countless red carpets on celebrities such as Nick Jonas, Justin Timberlake, Adam Driver, Eddie Redmayne and many others. Take a look after the jump for Amy’s guidelines to get you right for Spring using AXE products of course.
This style could be a side part, slicked back or a modern pompadour.
- Use a finger amount of pomade such as AXE Clean Cut Look Pomade and rub between your hands and fingers.
- Using your hands, rake through damp hair for extra hold.
- Then, comb all hair back from the face & create a clean part with the comb where hair naturally tends to part from front to back
- Comb down the sides and back.
- *Note, for a slicked back look, follow all the of the above steps & comb all hair back off the face. No part necessary.
Modern Pompadour (a bit more length is required)
- Blow dry hair, focusing on the top front of your head to give it volume.
- Focus the heat at the roots, holding the ends of the hair straight up.
- Let cool and add a finger amount of pomade such as AXE Clean Cut Look Pomade to style.
- Use comb to style and give volume
A natural relaxed style without looking like you tried too hard.
- Use a finger amount of cream like the AXE Natural Look Softening Cream and rub between your hands
- Rake through hair with your fingers
- Sweep to one side for a relaxed look
This is a sharp, structured style with precise definition.
- Rub a finger amount of putty like AXE Spiked Up Look Styling Putty through damp hair using an upward motion.
- Use fingers and rub at roots to create volume
- Twist the tips of the hair for designated style
It’s that just out of bed, effortless look.
- Using a finger amount of paste such as AXE Messy Look Flexible Paste and run product through the entire head of hair.
- Move hands and fingers in a back n’ forth motion to create texture and definition
- Hair should fall and move in different directions for a messy, yet styled look