Over this past Summer Solstice weekend, over 800 guests gathered Saturday in the Lower East Side to celebrate Thrillist’s 3rd annual Best Day of Your Life (BDOYL), the national holiday celebrating the longest day of the year.
Guests, including Scrubs’ star Zach Braff, were welcomed to BDOYL with a party atmosphere at Clemente Soto Velez with tunes from a DJ performing out the sunroof of a Kia Soul. T.G.I. Friday’s Food Truck took over the parking lot offering handcrafted cocktails, seared Ahi tuna, sliders, bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos, ghost pepper and garlic Parmesan wings.
Upon arrival guest were provided a “passport” and map to walk the neighborhood on a self-guided tour of LES eateries, bars and clubs with 19 fun-filled stops. Some of the highlights included:
- Samsung’s ‘Museum of Instagrammable Moments’ where guests took photos with live-artist exhibits including a ‘table’ handing out champagne, a red carpet turned model, ‘Vertigo’ where guest use a trampoline appear like they were jump in an aerial view of NYC skyline. Sunnyside Social Club performed while guests charged their phones at the charging station. Instaprint printed out all Instagram photos tagged with #BDOYL
- Cheese Grille served their classic cheddar grilled cheese with a spicy tomato soup dip while a cheesy comedian entertained BDOYL-goers with even cheesier jokes not suitable for the lactose intolerant.
- Showtime’s Ray Donovan re-created Ray’s loft in the Thierry-Goldberg Gallery – offering lobster rolls, beer & whiskey tastings, freshly rolled cigars, a Showtime red carpet and a JackThreads closet giveaway sweeps.
- Two Bit’s Retro Arcade served a sake bomb and mountains of Rizzo’s Pizza. A magician greeted guests with a trick and surprise game token.
- Welcome to the Johnson’s served their Taquito Bloody Mary while grandmas handed out birthday cards with a $1 (to tip a bartender), Werther’s hard candies and Prohibition “Beer & Pretzel” Cupcakes.
At 6PM, the BDOYL after party reconvened at Clemente Soto Velez with a special performance by DJ Pauly D from Jersey Shore.[slideshow post_id=””]