High ceilings, wood arches, and Chargaux’s violin version of Carmen Bizet’s most famous melody, transported us into the safe medieval haven of fantastically printed creatures. Mara Hoffman, along with the stunning tapestry from ABC Carpet & Home created a perfect background that allowed her usual bold prints to pop even more.
This season, the designer went further into exploring female identity by getting inspiration from powerful women. “I wanted the collection to feel like you were sitting at a dinner table with all of the major icons from the 70s- Cher, Jerry Hall, Bianca Jagger,” Hoffman said.
Tresemme stylist Tyler Laswell comprehended Mara’s inspiration fully, and even added a little extra. “Our inspiration was kind of if you thought of Cher, Jerry Hall and Bianca Jagger hanging out in this French smokey parlor and take all of that 70’s and add a little bit of 20’s.”
“Mara is a true artist so I don’t want any girl to feel like the exact duplicate of another one. So we had to have a common thread throughout the show so we have two really predominant textures.” There were really tight curls and also a softer s wave or marcel wave. Some of the girls have center parts or side parts.”
Tyler told us that they were going for voluminous triangular shaped silhouette. They wanted to take that old hairstyle and modernize it so the texture was very soft. “This is the kind of volume that you can run your fingers through,” Tyler assured us.
These are the products used:
- Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner
- Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo
- Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer
- Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Mousse
- Tresemme TRES Two Mega Firm Gel
- Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray
To achieve this look without the fabulous Tresemme team, pre-condition and shampoo the night before, use a little bit of the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer, wrap your hair around those old long rollers, and sleep with them all night. This is the easiest way to create the look spot on.
The beauty look was inspired by a feline-shaped, peacock blue eye and plum stained lip by Sephora Pro. Lead artist Ilde Goncalves gave us some pro tips :
- To achieve a flawless glowing complexion, mix your moisturizer with a luminizing primer and apply to all over the face. Then apply your foundation in sheer layers.
- When working with shimmering eyeshadows, layer the shadow on top of a liner to improve saturation and prevent fall out.
- Apply gel liner to the top of the lash line before applying your mascara to give the illusion of fuller lashes.
- Prep your lips with a nourishing lip mask at the beginning of your makeup application so the lips will be hydrated, smooth and pumped by the time you are ready to apply color to the lips.
The nail art was done by Zoya. Mara picked the 4 colors that represent the essence of her collection: Toni, Flowie, Ireland, and Jackeline. In terms of the pigment, they used two coats of each color and finished with naked manicure glossy seal. It gives you the gel coat finish without it being gel.