On Monday, February 11th Veronica Beard put on a stunning presentation to share her FW’19 collection for NYFW. Unlike most fashion shows, Veronica Beard treated guests somewhat of a fashion wonderland titled “The Great Haute-doors.”
The classic shapes and primary color a-line dresses started to transition into embellished, embroided and lace modern looks with artistic peplums.The inspiration came from contemporary art and bold colors, which translated intelligently into the floating geometrical sculptures that decorated the runway, and the sculptured lines of the clothes.
The designer is known for her girly and always elegant evening wear. This season was no different. Lhuillier kept the brocade details and structured shapes, but transitioned away from the silky draped shapes.
The models looked elegant and adorned with simple makeup, hair, and nails.
Morgan Taylor lead artist Gina Edwards designed the fresh look. “The Monique Lhuillier girl is fresh and young, adding colorful bursts to otherwise classic shapes and silhouettes. For the youthful twist on a classic French mani, a coat of sheer pink Simply Irresistible is used followed by a thin tip of jelly green Later Alligator.”
The ballerina style bun can be achieved in 5 easy steps:
1. Starting with damp hair use your fingers to comb Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse through strands from root-to-tip. Rough dry
2. For a high-shine style, generously most entire head with Moroccanoil Glimmer Spray. Using a wide-tooth comb, comb hair to the back center of the head and secure with an elastic.
3. Thread a 4″ piece of elastic horizontally through the center of the ponytail (behind the pony elastic), and leave loose for the next step:
4. Gently twist ponytail into a figure 8 chignon, tucking in any loose ends. Then pull each side of the threaded elastic around the chignon and tie in a knot at the center to secure chignon in place.
5. Set the style with a generous mist of Motoccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
Look was created by Bob Recine for Moroccanoil.
The beauty look was done by Val Garland for MAC Cosmetics. Check out the key products used below: