It’s a new year, and content creation has evolved and is still evolving. Countless people, no matter their age or stage of life, have chosen to shake things up and embrace their passion by joining the ranks of content creators. Whether you’re a streamer, gamer, podcaster, influencer, YouTuber, or you make bomb TikTok videos, create stunning Instagram art, or educate through social media, the quality of your content has never been more important than it is today. We asked a group of creators what tools have changed the game and have leveled up their content in 2022. Here are 22 tools that are must-haves for creators looking to elevate their content this year.
What are the Top 22 Tools for Content Creators in 2022?
- Ubeesize Selfie Ring Light with Clip
- Sennheiser MKE 200 Mobile Kit
- DJI OM 5
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro
- PGYTECH OneGo Camera Backpack
- SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable SSD V2
- RIKI LOVES RIKI RIKI TALL
- Boss Babe Bag
- Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III
- JOBY GripTight ONE GorillaPod Stand
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen
- HyperX QuadCast S – USB Microphone
- Gator Frameworks Creator Tree
- AKG Podcaster Essentials
- V-Flat World Foldable V-Flat
- Moment Wide 18mm Lens | Moment Case for iPhone 13 | Moment Drop-in Lens Mount for iPhone 13
- Razer Kiyo Pro
- Sennheiser Memory Mic
- Lume Cube Panel GO
- Apple iPad Pro
- Apple Pencil, 2nd Generation
- Canva Pro
Here is what a team of content creators thought of the Top 22 Tools for Content Creators in 2022.
Nubia DuVall Wilson is an author, poet, journalist, and the owner of Cielo Consulting, a boutique public relations and marketing agency. She is also a RAINN speaker who shares uplifting and educational mental health, sex, and love tips on social media. || TikTok || Instagram ||
1. The Ubeesize Selfie Ring Light with Clip has two bendable arms – one holds the ring light and the other holds the cell phone attachment. This versatile product makes it easy for content creators to capture well-lit selfies or livestream anywhere, thanks to the built-in clamp that attaches to almost anything including a table, desk, bed, etc. Users can select multiple light tints and adjust the brightness level for each.
All content creators will need a flexible selfie ring light with a phone holder at some point or another. This one is perfect because of the rubber clip that clamps down onto the edge of tables, desks, and more. For myself, I use this most when making social media videos in my home office, and it is so easy to use. Even though I have good lighting in my home, sometimes I need the light to be slightly adjusted to complement my makeup (or lack thereof on some days).
2. Sennheiser’s MKE 200 Mobile Kit is a multi-tiered product. It’s specifically designed for content creators on the move; but there are many uses for this kit. The entire set includes the Sennheiser MKE 200 directional on-camera microphone, a smartphone clamp, and the Manfrotto PIXI mini tripod. The MKE 200 has a built-in windscreen and shock mount to minimize handling noise. Portrait and landscape orientation are easy options with the smartphone clamp. The Manfrotto PIXI has a locking ball-head that can easily be adjusted. Overall, this kit contains everything a content creator would need to upgrade their setup. This works for both more experienced creators and beginners.
This kit really is an all-in-one. It’s the perfect option for anyone looking to get started, or a creator who just wants to bump up their equipment setup. The microphone is great, and I really enjoy the inclusion of the windscreen and internal shock mount. Both of these features allow you to get the most clear, crisp audio possible. The clamp is super helpful too, and I love how it can switch from portrait to landscape orientation in a matter of seconds. The tripod is an excellent (and necessary) addition to this kit. They really set you up for success. I love how convenient, compact, and user-friendly the whole kit is. One of the challenges I have whenever I’m trying to capture some really fun footage at an event or when filming outdoors with just my phone is the quality of the audio. This microphone setup was really a game changer for me and resulted in my final edits being much more polished and professional-sounding.
3.The DJI OM 5 is the perfect companion tool for creators shooting on a smartphone. Whether capturing vlogging footage on the go or snapping some flawless selfies, this tool gives you a seamless capture that is smooth and complete with automatic tracking and more. The OM 5 is also foldable, has a magnetic design, and don’t forget its ShotGuides feature, which acts like your own camera assistant, helping you to snag those incredible shots wherever you are.
This gimbal is an amazing tool for when you want to capture movement and action on your smartphone – minus the shaking. My kids are ambassadors for an on-the-go plant-based kids’ wipes brand, so we are creating content of them being adventurous and then wiping their hands and face after using this product. This portable gimbal makes it super convenient to record different angles with just a push of a button while simultaneously maintaining a steady image even as the kids go wild!
Paul Marra is an actor and filmmaker with a passion for storytelling and inspiring people through art. Born in rural New Jersey, Paul realized at an early age the power and beauty film has; it brings together the collective for a shared experience and allows a chance to escape the daily routine. Paul has worked in the industry, both in front and behind the camera, for over a decade and is excited to keep the passion alive. || Instagram || Vimeo ||
4. Blackmagic’s Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro is the most full-featured compact Super35 camera in the brand’s ‘cine-style’ line. It’s unconventional, and filmmakers everywhere have a resounding love for it. In the style of a traditional DSLR camera, the 6K Pro has fought for its ranking in the film industry by capturing top-tier picture quality in a highly portable device. It’s changing the game of content creation, allowing creators to achieve a high-end cinematic and TV quality look no matter what they’re filming.
The Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro is a great camera overall. It’s lightweight and durable but also produces a high quality image. I can throw it on my gimbal and get beautiful, smooth tracking shots, or I can mount it on rails with a V-mount battery and go handheld with it. Whatever the shoot calls for, I know that I have the flexibility and capability to get the shots needed. Another thing I love about this camera is being able to record straight to a hard drive. I can literally unplug the hard drive from my camera, and then plug it straight into my computer and start editing. Before the Pocket 6K, I was shooting with the Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K, which is still a great camera but requires a lot more setup and preparation in order to meet my needs as a creator. Overall, I would recommend the Pocket 6K to any creator that wants the versatility of having a smaller camera while also having the capability of capturing cinema-quality footage.
Check out this trailer I (Paul Marra) shot using Blackmagic cameras.
5. The PGYTECH OneGo Camera Backpack is a great option for content creators who need to transport sensitive equipment to and from a shoot location. This backpack makes doing that simple. It allows for easy access to the bag from three sides. The AirFiber back panel prevents a sweaty back, and the honeycomb structured TPR padded straps help evenly distribute the weight. Plus, this backpack’s exterior is constructed out of a PU coating that makes it waterproof. So, not only can you take this bag with you anywhere, regardless of the weather conditions, but it also provides a highly customizable experience. Dividers let you organize the bag just the way you like it, and there is a laptop and tablet compartment with a removable section. This truly is one of the most stylish and professional backpacks out there for any content creators to get their hands on.
I love the customization this backpack provides. There are three different types of partitions available, and you can really make this bag work exactly for your needs. Content creators come in many different forms, and we all need to have various items on hand. This bag allows easy access to all of the essentials in a seamless way. I love how comfortable this backpack feels on my shoulders even when it’s stuffed to the brim. I can definitely pack this bag and know that all of my equipment will be protected, and I love that. The back panel is very nice too, and my back doesn’t get nearly as sweaty as it does with other backpacks I’ve used in the past. And the look of this bag… It’s sleek and makes me feel like a true professional. I seriously could not recommend this bag enough.
6. The SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable SSD V2 provides top-notch performance in a rugged yet compact and sleek storage solution. It delivers ultra-fast solid state performance and ensures up to two-meter drop protection and IP55 water and dust resistance. Don’t let the sleek body of this portable drive deceive you; it’s tough enough to withstand any adventure.
This SanDisk drive is by far the best portable storage solution I’ve ever used. I consistently use this to transfer over a lot of large video files, and the data transfer speed is like lightning. The aesthetic is stunning too, and the drive itself is seamlessly compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. I’m impressed by how powerful this solid-state drive is while maintaining such a sleek form. Yes, it’s a bit pricey, but it is worth every cent for its reliable use over the long term. I never have to worry about losing any of my files.
7. The RIKI TALL is an ultra-thin, lightweight, space-saving LED vanity mirror. It enables beauty creators to make stunning tutorials, GRWMs, take pictures, or go live in perfect lighting, with all the convenience of a hands-free mirror.
This mirror makes creating beauty content so much easier. Paired with the magnetic phone holder, this is the perfect tool for filming makeup tutorials. I love how the lighting surrounds the entire mirror so that I don’t even have to think about setting up additional lighting. It’s also great for creating eye-catching beauty content while on the go, all without needing to lug around a ring light. It has a magnetic phone holder, remote control, and seamless Bluetooth functionality. With five-stage dimming, the lighting is customizable and generates minimal heat.
8. The Boss Babe Bag is constructed with vegan pebbled premium leather, a super-soft microfiber interior liner, and sleek hardware. This bag could teach everyone a few things about organization. The exterior has comfort grip handles and pockets (two types – zipper and easy access). It comes with a padded detachable shoulder strap. The inside of the bag is completely adjustable with padding galore, ensuring the protection of any delicate equipment you take on the go. Front zipper pockets have organized storage for memory cards or other smaller devices, while interior velcro dividers are the perfect size for securing larger items like cameras, lenses, hard drives, laptops, tablets, and more.
First things first… I could not be happier that this bag is made from vegan leather and from a female-founded/owned brand. Plus, it is so fashion forward and professional looking. It makes me feel like a fancy lady whenever I have the chance to take it out of the house with me. I love that it has adjustable organization. You can truly make the bag work for you however you need. The sizing is great too. There is ample space to fit my laptop, along with other devices, without making the bag feel too packed. I do a lot of BTS shoots and red carpet events that I need to secure video assets for. I used to walk in with a backpack over my shoulder, which always felt a little out of place and sometimes a bit inappropriate for the occasion. This bag eliminated that issue. It’s definitely a splurge purchase, but the quality and use I get out of it is quadruple the value.
9. The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is a powerful, compact point-and-shoot camera ideal for leveling up your vlogs or pictures from smartphone quality. It easily fits in the palm of your hand and is equipped with 4K recording capability, an external microphone, and a 180-degree tilt touchscreen monitor. It delivers crisp, sharp video and has an impressive 4.2x optical zoom that allows users to create stunning video and stills for social media and beyond.
I love this camera! It delivers quality like a true workhorse, and the convenience of it being so compact is a major plus for me. I take a lot of product photos and videos, and this camera delivers incredible footage for socials. I think this is a must-have for any content creator who has the coin to shell out. One of the best features by far is the tilt-up touchscreen. It’s incredibly useful for taking selfies or recording video alone. I can just flip up the screen and make sure that I’m filming exactly what I want and that I’m in frame.
10. Joby’s GripTight ONE GorillaPod Stand is the newest iteration of the original GorillaPod model that first hit the scene years ago. It was groundbreaking then, and it’s still just as groundbreaking today. You can literally attach this tripod’s bendable legs to anything. Whether you actually wrap them around something to secure it in place, or you position the legs just so to properly balance, you can be sure this thing isn’t going anywhere. It is sturdy and allows for exploration of nearly any angle.
This tripod has been a lifesaver for me. Vlogging or making social media content isn’t the easiest, especially when you don’t have someone else manning the camera. With this versatile tripod, I’m not limited to the kinds of shots that I can capture. Whenever I’m out on an adventure in nature or at a super cool event, I can set up this tripod, wrap it around something, secure it any which way, and get incredible content. No more balancing acts, stacking my tripod on a book or box. Being able to wrap these flexible legs around anything truly makes the difference. The construction is solid, which I very much appreciate, and I also love how many angles you can set your phone at. It does not limit you at all, despite its small size. Definitely an essential for me and something I’d recommend to any creator.
Tim Pandolfi (artist name ‘Timmy Swerve’) is a rap artist and soon-to-be podcast host for his upcoming show titled, ‘Everything’s Something.’ He also is a fitness expert and creates workout content for his followers. || Instagram ||
11. This Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen helps creators of all kinds, including podcasters, singers, and musicians, to deliver crisp sound quality in a compact, easy-to-use interface. With almost zero learning curve, this product helps creators score pro-level tone wherever they are, whether on the go or at home.
As a creator, there are a few products that are essential for producing my content. This product is definitely one of them. It allows me to record and upload my vocals directly to my laptop. The high quality, crisp vocals make this a must-have for me and any creator that produces content requiring crystal clear audio. The first step to vocal greatness, this audio interface is affordable and definitely worth the investment. Also, the setup could not be easier, especially for those not as tech-savvy. I cannot recommend this product enough.
12. The HyperX QuadCast S is a USB condenser microphone. This is an excellent tool for any gamer, podcaster, YouTuber, streamer, and more. This microphone both sounds amazing and looks amazing. The dynamic effects / lighting this gives off adds a bit of fun to any setup. Soften any outside interruptions of daily life with the anti-vibration shock mount, as well as the built-in pop filter. The QuadCast is compatible with various platforms, including PC, Mac, and PS4. It’s universal, with four selectable polar patterns: stereo, omnidirectional, cardioid, and bidirectional.
I really like this one because of how easy it is to use. It’s a USB microphone that can easily plug into my laptop but also has professional capabilities. The audio quality is top-notch, and the lighting element creates a cool vibe. I really appreciate the anti-vibration shock mount as well as the ability to select which area of the microphone receives audio. This has helped me to ensure that a lot of non-essential audio (background noise) doesn’t ever impede on the main audio track for my music and disrupt the experience of my audience. I’ve tried out a handful of microphones over the years, and this one is by far the best one I’ve used so far, both in appearance, quality, and versatility.
13. This Gator Frameworks Creator Tree is the ultimate content creator tool. It’s perfect for keeping your creative station set up, ready to go at a moment’s notice. Everything has a place of its own, and everything can easily be customized to suit any creator’s specific needs. Its space-saving design is a lifesaver and allows you to adhere the creator tree directly to your table or desk. There are so many ways to use this product.
I can’t say enough good things about this product. I am a huge fan of all-in-one products – but more often than not, all-in-ones can be letdowns. Not the Creator Tree. This thing puts all of your essential tools and accessories at your fingertips, making creating content easier and more convenient than ever before. I truly love that I can leave the setup exactly the way I want it and get the same results quickly each and every time. No more messing around and wasting time to find the perfect angle. Plus, the organization that this product allows is amazing. They really have thought of it all with this product, and I am beyond impressed with how well everything works together. There isn’t one thing that I can think of that would make this any better. It makes me excited to create content each time I have a chance to do so.
14. The AKG Podcaster Essentials is the ultimate podcaster kit. It includes an AKG Lyra USB microphone and AKG K371 headphones, along with Ableton Live 10 Lite audio production software. The microphone captures high quality audio that takes your podcasts to a whole other level, and it has four selectable capture modes: front, front and back, tight stereo, and wide stereo. The headphones are super comfortable, and the closedback, over-ear design provides supreme isolation.
I’ll be using this kit for my upcoming podcast. What I like about it is that not only does it include the microphone but also noise-canceling headphones and the audio production software. It’s everything you need, conveniently packaged together, which ensures that everything is compatible. Anything I do, I like to do to the best of my ability. If I’m making music, I want it to be at a professional quality. I’m looking for the same thing for my podcast, and this kit is helping me achieve greatness in my newest endeavor.
Victoria Sacino is an LA-based social media manager and content editor. She works closely with creators to build their brands and help them take their content to a whole other level. She’s worked with journalists, bloggers, actors, models, and musicians. || Instagram ||
15. The V-Flat World Foldable V-Flat is a lightweight, portable photo background that can also be used to block and flag light. For this particular set, one side is white to reflect light and the other side is black to block and/or subtract light. The hinged design allows for the set up of various positions, making the process of creating a crisp, clean background simpler than ever before. Each V-Flat comes with a poly cotton tote bag that makes it easy to take with you.
As someone who takes what seems to be an endless amount of product photos, I love this product. I used to spend so much time worrying about my backdrop and how to make it look as good as possible. Enter this incredible product… I honestly wish I had found this years ago. But never again will I worry about not having enough space to get the perfect shot. Now, I just pop these up on pretty much any surface, set up my lights, and I’m ready to go. The black side subtracts light while the white reflects light, making it easy to get the effect that you want. It also folds up compactly, despite its size, and it is easy to store and transport. This product could not have made things easier in regard to photographing, and I highly recommend it to any fellow content creators; truly a lifesaver.
16. The Moment Wide 18mm Lens is incredibly innovative. It allows you to add a lens to your iPhone’s camera. This wide 18mm lens is brought to you in an aspherical design made from cinema quality glass, providing edge-to-edge clarity for stunning captures. The construction of the lens includes aerospace-grade metal and hand-polished glass that is typically used for high-end 4K film lenses. It may be a lens for your smartphone, but it is a top-tier piece of equipment that allows users to capture enticing, crystal clear footage, all without the bulk and price tag of a camera.
I was blown away by this 18mm lens. I love how it lets me capture some really stunning, professional-looking images right from the convenience of my smartphone, and more importantly, without the assistance of a DSLR. Sure, DSLRs are incredible, and their quality is top-tier – but on certain occasions, a more casual photographer like myself would rather not lug it and its accessories around. This wide lens attaches right to my phone, and it lets me get edge-to-edge shots that capture two times the scene my smartphone camera would. It doesn’t weigh down my phone, but I can feel the quality whenever the lens is in my hand. Sometimes I do red carpet events where video is needed, and this lens is perfect for capturing that and similar types of content. I’m seriously amazed by this product. It is, however, important to note that you will need to purchase the brand’s case and drop-in lens mount, alongside the lens, as all three work in tandem with one another. That said, buying the entire bundle is worth it.
17. Whether you’re a Twitch streamer or YouTuber, the Razer Kiyo Pro allows you to achieve superior video quality. This Razer Kiyo Pro webcam has an adaptive light sensor, which means excellent performance when it comes to streaming in low light. You can make your video capture pop with more vibrant colors by activating HDR at 30 fps.
I love this webcam. It works incredibly well in low light situations, while maintaining focus and image quality, which is impressive. I like how the field-of-view can be adjusted from a wide shot to a narrow shot on those days where I’m not feeling like showing off everything in my home. The privacy cover is a definite win for me. I really appreciate the mounting options for this webcam as well. It’s stable and allows for flexibility because you can place it not just on top of a monitor but also on a table or a tripod.
Naomi ‘Oami’ Pandolfi is a producer, journalist, and social media manager. She spends a lot of time filming interviews, product reviews, and creating social media content for a well-known beauty blog. She also works with various production companies to create and pitch original BIPOC TV concepts and films. || Instagram ||
18. Sennheiser’s Memory Mic is a lavalier-style microphone that works in tandem with your smartphone. While recording video on your phone, you can clip this mic to your subject’s clothing or a nearby object and immediately begin recording. The mic itself connects via Bluetooth with unlimited range. It captures audio in stunning high quality and records up to four hours. This mic is perfect for capturing interview footage, and even better, with no wires.
As someone who has to capture audio for interviews all the time, this product is the answer to my prayers. Instead of having to capture audio on my phone and worry about keeping it as close to the interviewee as possible, this mic makes things so much easier. Plus, I love the one-touch sync feature – it legit syncs the audio and video. Amazing! Plus, it’s super lightweight but sturdy and has no wires to worry about. For such a small device, it really holds a lot of audio – up to four full hours, which is great for me because it means less off-loading of audio in between recording. I love how this works with Bluetooth, which means it can record from a distance. The design is sleek and futuristic. I also love how compact it is. As long as I have this and my smartphone in my bag, I’ll always be interview-ready.
19.The Lume Cube Panel GO packs a powerful punch in a compact size. It’s bright enough to illuminate entire nighttime scenes or eliminate shadows in sunlight, all while being no larger than the size of your smartphone. It’s extremely portable, sturdy, and up for whatever job you can throw at it. This light is also fully customizable, with a wide range of brightness and color adjustability. On the back, there is an LCD screen that’s easy to read. It lets you keep an eye on your customizations and tells you when it’s time to recharge.
This Lume Cube light is a product that has been an incredible game-changer for me. Instead of having to carry around lights or rely on the generosity of the sun, I can attach one of these compact lights to the top of my camera, and I’m ready to point and shoot or photograph whatever is in front of me. This light works especially well when I have to do interviews on the red carpet or photograph products on-the-go. It completely eliminates the stress of lighting I used to have prior to getting my hands on this product. The battery life is pretty awesome on this light, and also, it’s simple to charge. It can run both on battery and cable power, so if I just plug it in for a few hours, it’ll be good to go for a long time. If you don’t have time to charge it though, no worries; you can use it while it’s plugged in too. They thought of it all with this product.
20.The 2021 Apple iPad Pro 12.9-inch is the best of the best. It has all the bells and whistles of prior generations – but more. It’s better, faster, and unmatched. Its incredible display alone makes it a dream to work with.
I do a lot of graphic design work, specifically with programs like Canva, and this iPad has been a lifesaver. A lot of times, when I’m working on smaller, more detailed / drawing work, being able to blow up a tiny portion of an image on my iPad and having the control and precision of the Apple Pencil is a huge advantage.
21. The Apple Pencil, 2nd Generation has revolutionized the way graphic artists work. It makes it easier to work on the go, but besides that, it speeds up overall productivity as well. It’s perhaps the best melding yet of physical meets digital.
This Apple Pencil has become one of my favorite products, especially when it comes to my graphic design work – whether creating content from scratch for social media or recreating a pitch deck in Canva. This pencil has taken so much frustration out of the process and is enjoyable and addictive to use. I love how easy it is to move things around on the screen in the Canva app. I never again want to work without one of these
22. Canva Pro is a premium web-based design program that gives you access to over 100 million premium royalty-free stock photos, videos, audio, and graphics that can be used anywhere and everywhere. You can create everything from professional Instagram and Facebook stories and posts, to YouTube thumbnails, TikTok videos, and animated social media content. There are hundreds of professional templates and drag-and-drop tools that make this program design-heavy yet user-friendly.
I absolutely love Canva. It’s really elevated every piece of content I create. Whether I’m making a video outro, an Instagram reel, or polishing up my resume, this program takes everything I do to a whole new level. It makes it easy to create professional quality content without the learning curve of more complex design programs.