For Kaelen Fall/Winter 2016 collection, grid prints, dark florals, silver metallics, and bell sleeves dominated to create a feminine sporty look. The playful layering added dimensions for a cool girl feel. Lead Hair Stylist Joseph DiMaggio created an beautifully simple look to accompany the collection.
“Today is super fun. We are basing it around the collection which has more of a sporty feel. So the long haired girl, we are pulling them off the street with their windswept hair, giving them a finger center part, kind of natural not too perfect or too messy, then pulling it into a low pony tail with whatever the texture is, kind of keeping it. We have another type of girl with kind of textural hair. We are prepping them with our new blow dry primer, which I call it ‘awesome sauce.’ It’s amazing. It just kinda tames everything down and adds hydration without getting heavy or oily or feeling like you have too much product in your hair. It’s really simply and beautiful.”
See below for how the step by step of how to get the look:
- Apply NEW Davines Your Hair Assistant Blow Dry Primer to damp hair.
- Starting at the root, rough dry the hair with the hair dryer nozzle facing down, using your hands as you tousle dry the entire head.
- Create a messy center part, then pull the hair back into a low pony, securing the hair with an elastic or cord.
- Use your fingers to create texture at the root of the head. Continue the texture through the ponytail.
- Take a piece of hair from under the ponytail base and wrap around the elastic or cord so it’s hidden.
- Finish with NEW Davines More Inside Is A Dry Texturizer to finish and hold.
Styling Products Used:
NEW Davines Your Your Hair Assistant Blow Dry Primer, $34.00 available April 2016
NEW Davines More Inside Is A Dry Texturizer