“I have always been inspired by the world around me—the places I’ve been to, the places I dream of.” – Ralph Lauren
Last Tuesday Ralph Lauren threw a celebration to welcome in The Ralph Lauren Collection Fragrance. The brand also opened its first ever Ralph Lauren Fragrance Salon at the 888 Madison Avenue Ralph Lauren flagship store.
Now before you start freaking out that you wont get a chance to visit the new fragrance store you will be relieved to know that it is a permanent destination that draws in the signature richness and warmth of Ralph Lauren’s boutiques and home design.
When customers visit the store they will get a chance to participate in a one-to-one consultation to engage and guide them on a scent journey through the ‘worlds’ of Ralph Lauren. Don’t have time to do an in-store consultation? No problem there is a new Collection Compass app, which provides details on inspiration, craftsmanship, products and accessories.[slideshow]
Some top fashion and beauty influencers who stopped by the celebration include Arielle Charnas from Something Navy, Blair Eadie from Atlantic-Pacific, Helena Glazer from Brooklyn Blonde, Zanita Whittington from Zanita Studio, Krystal Bick from This Time Tomorrow, Jamie Beck from Ann Street Studi, Andrea Maria from Dear Milano, Ronja Furrer a Ralph Lauren Icons Campaign Model, Glenda Bailey the Editor-in-Chief of Harper’s Bazaar, Stellene Volandes the Editor-in-Chief of Town & Country and Joyce Chang the Editor-in-Chief of SELF.
The five new fragrances that were introduced include: A Portrait of New York, Riviera Dream, A Legacy of English Elegance, Song of America and Treasures of Safari.
In the true Ralph Lauren fashion each fragrance was composed with the idea of Ralph Lauren’s luxurious feel in mind. Master perfumers Carlos Benaim, Calice Becker and Harry Fremont hand-selected each ingredient and sought that they were masterfully treated in its purest and most authentic essence.
The signature Ralph Lauren Collection crystal bottles are inspired by a vintage travel decanter, and each journey presents two fragrances for each destination:
Portrait of New York
“New York is a symbol of glamour and excitement. It is where I live and where I am inspired to create some of my most sophisticated collections.” – Ralph Lauren
- WHITE LILY, a dramatic bouquet nuanced with creamy Madagascar Vanilla and spicy Pink Pepper, is inspired by the elegance of Ralph Lauren’s Madison Avenue flagship
- VETIVER, enhanced with fresh Green Cardamom and warm Black Pepper, conveys the enchantment of a New York City soirée Riviera Dream “The French Riviera has an indelible romantic quality—it is a place of charm, beauty and style. I wanted to capture its spirit of excitement and artistic expression.” – Ralph Lauren
- LIME, an invigorating note, bursts with Calabrian Bergamot and Cedrat for a fragrance that conjures the pristine brightness of a coastal retreat
- ORANGE FLOWER, blended with Neroli and juicy Mandarin, carries the radiance of an elegant garden party
A Legacy of English Elegance
“England has always inspired me, from its elegance to its incredible heritage and tradition.” – Ralph Lauren
- ROSE, reminiscent of a lush London garden, is enhanced with fruity Black Currant and warm Patchouli to create a classically feminine scent
- WHITE TEA, a smooth and timeless blend of Maté, Osmanthus flowers and Bergamot that honors the grand tradition of high tea in the English countryside Song of America “I’m inspired by the openness of the American landscape—the mountains, the plains—and the art and culture of its people.” – Ralph Lauren
- SAGE, a spirited blend with Green Fig and earthy Fir Balsam inspired by the majestic beauty of the Rocky Mountains
- MAGNOLIA, silhouetted with bright Lemon and woody Patchouli, evokes the warm brilliance of an early spring sunrise Treasures of Safari “Safari is a dream I often return to—it is a romantic adventure, a world of refinement set against a rugged landscape.” – Ralph Lauren
- AMBER, combined with dark Bourbon Vanilla and rich Labdanum, paints a warm vision of the golden Sahara sunset
- OUD, one of the world’s most precious oils, is blended with smoky Guaiac Wood and Incense to evoke the exotic spirit of the African savannah
If you thought these perfumes couldn’t get any fancier you were wrong. The fragrances also offer exquisite handcrafted leather accessories. There is a sleeve designed for the 100ml Eau De Parfum and a Traveler’s Trunk that can display ten 100ml Eaux de Parfums or be converted into an elegant jewelry case.
It includes: Eau De Parfum (100ml, 50ml) [$240, $140], Scented Candle [$70], Compact Diffuser [$65], Body Crème (150ml) [$95], Leather Sleeve [$300] and Traveler’s Trunk [$3,900 plus the cost of fragrances].