Fashion week has been a little different during these unprecedented times, but thanks to TRESemmé, we can still keep up with this season’s beauty trends. For the AW21 season, TRESemmé paired up Rebecca Minkoff and Jason Wu.
TRESemmé NYFW Stylist Tyler Laswell created the perfect look to match Minkoff’s bohemian rocker vibe for her SS21 presentation. “This season’s look was inspired by NYC ‘It’ girls. Successful and confident with that effortless, free spirit hair that looks easy yet perfect. It’s the epitome of bohemian, rocker chic and looks gorgeously undone.” he shared.
With more and more women embracing their natural hair textures, it’s refreshing to see that reflected in the beauty industry. TRESemmé has been one of my favorite hair care lines for some time because they offer such a wide variety of products for a wide variety of hair textures. TRESemmé Keratin Smooth and Shine Serum and TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Boost Level 3 can be used on all the hair textures above to give the hair a beautiful shine and enhance the natural texture. If your someone with a straighter hair texture and looking to add some natural-looking waves, look below for some tips and products to check out from Tyler.
- Starting at the nape, section off a medium sized portion of hair just above the base hairline and gather the rest into a horseshoe topknot.
- Dampen sectioned hair with a mist of water and then apply the TRESemmé Volume Thickening Spray from roots to ends.
- Lift sectioned hair straight up, tightening roots against the back of the head while blowdrying. Repeat steps 1-3, working up and then around the head.
- Generously spritz TRESemmé Dry Texture Finishing Spray throughout the hair after blowdrying and then lightly tease strands section by section, working from ends to roots.
- Create soft waves by using a 1-inch curling iron. Start at the root, wrap sectioned hair twice around the barrel, hold for a few seconds, release and move down the strand, and then wrap in the opposite direction. Continue this rotation until the full strand is completed and repeat throughout the rest of the head.
- Lightly tease the crown to add volume behind the head. Finish mid-shafts and ends of hair with the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Shine Serum to add subtle shine.
- Finish the look with TRESemmé Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Boost Level 3.
TRESemmé NYFW stylist Lacy Redway created amazing hair looks for Jason Wu’s AW21 show. “I wanted to bring out every girl’s unique textures and integrate them into this look’s finishings,” shared Redway.
With Redway being such a well-rounded hairstylist for styling various hair textures and TRESemmé having so many amazing products for all textures, they were a perfect match to create these gorgeous looks for Wu’s NYFW show. To create Redway’s “Freestyle Ponytail” from the Jason Wu AW21 collection, look below for her “how-to” using her favorite TRESemmé products.
- Prep and protect hair by spraying TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray throughout.
- Part hair down the center.
- Spritz TRESemmé Volume Thickening Spray at the crown and roots and work into the hair with your hands. Rough, dry hair as needed with a blow dryer, using your hands to guide the hair.
- Use a small amount of TRESemmé TRES TWO Extra Hold Mousse to create wispies around the hairline.
- Gather hair at the nape of the deck and secure it with an elastic.
- Take a small section of hair from underneath the ponytail, saturate it withTRESemmé TRES Two Extra Hold Hair Spray, and then wrap it around your hair tie.
- Use your fingers to loosen the ponytail, creating a natural texture.
Thank you so much to TRESemmé for always keeping us in the loop with the latest hair trends!